BBC Music presents Adele At The BBC

Serendipity

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
InTraumatica

You just changed for you name gurl

But I dont listen to TS. Her song was played in the radio when I was signing up :excuseu:

Fiona Apple

But I dont listen to TS. Her song was played in the radio when I was signing up :excuseu:

I know you are Taylor Swift. Stop lying to me :adam:

Haroon

Just applied for tickets and hyperventilating already at the fact I could maybe be attending this :air::pray:

Wait how? The link in the article isn't working :omg: 

Haroon

How tf do I delete a post?

You can't :sweat: Just report it and say you want it deleted and a moderator will do that for you :)

gagaconvert

You can't :sweat: Just report it and say you want it deleted and a moderator will do that for you :)

Ah right thanks! I was attempting to post a gif but even with the IMG thingies it wasn't working, so I gave up :madge:

StrawberryBlond

Ugh, I hate these special treatment lovefests. Pass me the sick bucket. If every artist got this treatment, music sales wouldn't be a problem. But it only gets given to the artists who are "respected" and "deserve it," apparently. As if Adele needs promo to sell! As if any British act needs this to sell! It needs to be given to acts outside the UK who don't get a lot of promo otherwise. Can you imagine if Gaga did this? She'd be unstoppable again. This special will probably be repeated for the next few years periodically, just like Adele's Live At Albert Hall tour (it gets featured on UK tv so often you'd get sick of it). Special treatment again.

Well perhaps it could be nice to have non UK acts but isn't this really very British thing? Its BBC and ALL that.. Other than that. This business is ALL about acts that appeal to largest amout of ppl and bring in The cash and viewers. Its not really about promoting artists. I don't think they want to risk a less popular or unknown artists, risque (when thinking ALL age groups, not just teens and Young adults). 

Adele is loved by pretty much ALL no matter The age, she will bring a big audience. And she Def deservs it 

But yeah I agree it would be great promo for many.

Ugh, I hate these special treatment lovefests. Pass me the sick bucket. If every artist got this treatment, music sales wouldn't be a problem. But it only gets given to the artists who are "respected" and "deserve it," apparently. As if Adele needs promo to sell! As if any British act needs this to sell! It needs to be given to acts outside the UK who don't get a lot of promo otherwise. Can you imagine if Gaga did this? She'd be unstoppable again. This special will probably be repeated for the next few years periodically, just like Adele's Live At Albert Hall tour (it gets featured on UK tv so often you'd get sick of it). Special treatment again.

StrawberryBlond

Well perhaps it could be nice to have non UK acts but isn't this really very British thing? Its BBC and ALL that.. Other than that. This business is ALL about acts that appeal to largest amout of ppl and bring in The cash and viewers. Its not really about promoting artists. I don't think they want to risk a less popular or unknown artists, risque (when thinking ALL age groups, not just teens and Young adults). 

Adele is loved by pretty much ALL no matter The age, she will bring a big audience. And she Def deservs it 

But yeah I agree it would be great promo for many.

Yes, it's a very British thing. Only British acts seems to do this, but only a select few get the honour. Obviously, I'm not asking for it to be artists who are too risque (although this will be a late night show, so...), but I just wish more could get the opportunity. Too many good albums slip through the cracks because they don't get promoted and the public are just left believing that what is served up to them on a platter is the only good music. If you don't present new music to the public, they won't know it exists, basically. The top ten most successful albums in the UK every year is no surprise because it's always by the artists who were put all over the place. They were on every talk show, every festival, absolutely every media opportunity available. So, of course they sold. And it annoys me that this is all it takes to be successful. Why does it always have to be the most basic, generic artists who get these opportunities too?

Archived