Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

Beyonce singing about Nicki

Yanko

Featured Posts

Nicki was not established nor was she polished, exhibit A, the picture. And no she did not have rap cred lol.

It would have looked odd if a huge star like beyonce collabed with any old new comer. After all she's not going to collab with someone like Tinashe now right?

Beyonce had a change in tone after 4's underperformance, when she went into the sultry, trap, big booty trend and capitalized on Nicki's recent success in that area to drive it home. 

And Nicki has a more devoted fan base now than she did in 2010. 

What are you basing this off? You just sound like a typical bitter stan tbh. Pink Friday is categorically her most successful album, period. It sold more than double her albums since and also had bigger singles. And if you knew anything about rap you would know that her credibility peaked in 2010 and kind of fell after that. Her Monster verse (from 2010) was probably the peak of that and it's still talked about by artists and fans now.

I mean she just collabed with Naughty Boy who is literally unknown outside of the UK where he is hardly a big name and only known because of his Zayn Malik drama but okay lol.

Once again, the album was released in December 2013 and had a huge impact but her remix with Nicki didn't come until the following August. You have literally zero valid points here.

The Professor

this is false

pink friday sold 300k in its first week because she had a bigger fanbase\

you clearly dont know what you're talking about 

yes she had   she was on everyone song before her album dropped

bottoms up, monster, etc were all acclaimed urban songs and hits

she lost her rap cred in 2012 

and bey is still above nicki as a celebrity/artist 

The pink print still sold 244k (and this is 5 years later mind you so album sales have slipped) and Nicki's highest charting single was Anaconda. 

And Nicki lost her bubblegum barbie image which Bey would not have been seen with. 

The pink print still sold 244k (and this is 5 years later mind you so album sales have slipped) and Nicki's highest charting single was Anaconda. 

And Nicki lost her bubblegum barbie image which Bey would not have been seen with. 

pp sold 200k first week pure sales

and anaconda peaked at #2 because of the streams

it only sold 1.5m in the us 

i agree on the image

bey ha good taste 

The Professor

What are you basing this off? You just sound like a typical bitter stan tbh. Pink Friday is categorically her most successful album, period. It sold more than double her albums since and also had bigger singles. And if you knew anything about rap you would know that her credibility peaked in 2010 and kind of fell after that. Her Monster verse (from 2010) was probably the peak of that and it's still talked about by artists and fans now.

I mean she just collabed with Naughty Boy who is literally unknown outside of the UK where he is hardly a big name and only known because of his Zayn Malik drama but okay lol.

Once again, the album was released in December 2013 and had a huge impact but her remix with Nicki didn't come until the following August. You have literally zero valid points here.

Who exactly am i stanning for? I dont particularly like either of them tbh. 

Pink Friday's only single that mattered was Super Bass which was practically bubblegum pop, not rap so no wonder the entire album sold better, not to mention album sales have declined. And Nicki's image has improved drastically since.. Stupid Hoe.

"Upon its release, music critics commended The Pinkprint for its overall production and cohesiveness. It was recognized as Minaj's strongest project to date, and was ranked as one of the best albums of 2014, by several publications."

and it doesn't matter if the collab was after her the era ended Beyonce still gets those royalties and its still part of her rebranding which will lead into her next album thats coming soon. 

Who exactly am i stanning for? I dont particularly like either of them tbh. 

Pink Friday's only single that mattered was Super Bass which was practically bubblegum pop, not rap so no wonder the entire album sold better, not to mention album sales have declined. And Nicki's image has improved drastically since.. Stupid Hoe.

"Upon its release, music critics commended The Pinkprint for its overall production and cohesiveness. It was recognized as Minaj's strongest project to date, and was ranked as one of the best albums of 2014, by several publications."

and it doesn't matter if the collab was after her the era ended Beyonce still gets those royalties and its still part of her rebranding which will lead into her next album thats coming soon. 

Well Pink Friday had more platinum singles than any of her other albums. The fact you think Super Bass, the album's pop single, is the only one displays the minimal extent of your rap knowledge. Also Stupid Hoe came from her second album, not Pink Friday. So if anything that backs up my initial point.

Your random quote that you literally pulled from Wikipedia doesn't prove much. Yes a lot of critics did like it. But we were talking about commercial success as you said Beyonce only hopped onto Nicki because she "became" popular, but the numbers clearly show that she has been popular for half a decade. Longer if you count her mixtapes.

The Professor

Well Pink Friday had more platinum singles than any of her other albums. The fact you think Super Bass, the album's pop single, is the only one displays the minimal extent of your rap knowledge. Also Stupid Hoe came from her second album, not Pink Friday. So if anything that backs up my initial point.

Your random quote that you literally pulled from Wikipedia doesn't prove much. Yes a lot of critics did like it. But we were talking about commercial success as you said Beyonce only hopped onto Nicki because she "became" popular, but the numbers clearly show that she has been popular for half a decade. Longer if you count her mixtapes.

Minimal extent of rap knowledge because i know that Super Bass was #3 and the next highest was #13? :saladga:

And it doesn't matter that Stupid Hoe was released in 2012 she still looked like a fake barbie, before her rebranding which backs my point. I never said she was nothing prior to Pink Print my point is that the Minaj brand has grown and improved in quality, and she's still successful now. The whole Beyonce ft. Nicki collab beyonce knew would break the internet (which it did). If Nicki's heyday was over like you claim it wouldn't of had that impact that it had. It was a smart decision by Bey. 

Minimal extent of rap knowledge because i know that Super Bass was #3 and the next highest was #13? :saladga:

And it doesn't matter that Stupid Hoe was released in 2012 she still looked like a fake barbie, before her rebranding which backs my point. I never said she was nothing prior to Pink Print my point is that the Minaj brand has grown and improved in quality, and she's still successful now. The whole Beyonce ft. Nicki collab beyonce knew would break the internet (which it did). If Nicki's heyday was over like you claim it wouldn't of had that impact that it had. It was a smart decision by Bey. 

Rap singles don't often chart high on the Hot 100 because they don't get Top 40 support lol the fact she still scanned Gold/Platinum for tracks because they were big on rhythmic/urban stations shows that she did indeed have 'hip hop cred'.

Where did I claim that she was over? You said that Beyonce only cared about Nicki when she "became" popular which is simply incorrect because she had already been popular for five years before their collaboration. It's a simple fact. And Pink Friday was arguably bigger than any album since.

pink friday was already platinum before she release super bass which was a binus track on the deluxe version

album only version if im correct

taylor swift covered it on radio so people looked it up and she had to release it as single

her era was already done before super bass

so you're incorrect again 

SissyFromSpace

Lol. Beyonce didn't give 2 ****s about nicki until she started becoming popular and she thought she could ride that wave. 

yup. when nicki was dressing like a clown bey gave no ****s :rip:

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

The Professor

pink friday was already platinum before she release super bass which was a binus track on the deluxe version

album only version if im correct

taylor swift covered it on radio so people looked it up and she had to release it as single

her era was already done before super bass

so you're incorrect again 

Your response literally doesn't change a single thing i said.

Well no wonder her album was platinum before, she had Drake + will.i.am + Eminem + Lil Wayne so duh. 

Doesn't matter where the single was it was still a single and it still did great.

Doesn't matter if Taylor Swift covered it or not. 

Doesn't matter where the era was. Super Bass defined her 2010-14 career and its stupid to think otherwise. The Super Bass Nicki would not be let in Beys house. 

Next.

Your response literally doesn't change a single thing i said.

Well no wonder her album was platinum before, she had Drake + will.i.am + Eminem + Lil Wayne so duh. 

Doesn't matter where the single was it was still a single and it still did great.

Doesn't matter if Taylor Swift covered it or not. 

Doesn't matter where the era was. Super Bass defined her 2010-14 career and its stupid to think otherwise. The Super Bass Nicki would not be let in Beys house. 

Next.

your original claim was that bey collabed with nicki cause nicki was on her peak

but now you're admitting that nicki had her peak in 2010

:toofunny: 

next! 

Archived