Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

im very triggered from the past two episodes :3

vernonl98

Featured Posts

Schizophonic

well the genre is not for everyone. especially not always for young people.

if u dont like it thats totally okay. not everyone likes horror.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the same way, the violence is more tolerable than murder house for me so I've been able to watch hotel.

Don't visit my profile

Evan Peters

if it triggered you so much the first time, why would you continue watching :awkney: that seriously makes no sense. 

emma roberts is an abuser

I mean it has horrlr in the name for reason....and horror specially this level of horror is not for everyone......so its understandable

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

I mean it has horrlr in the name for reason....and horror specially this level of horror is not for everyone......so its understandable

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

if it triggered you so much the first time, why would you continue watching :awkney: that seriously makes no sense. 

maybe because i wanted to see how far i could go because the plot was interesting and gaga's acting was great so far? and it wasnt the first episode that triggered so much, it was more of evan peters just killing everyone he could see :kisses:

What a weird thread.

The entire point, literally the entire function of a horror film is to trigger you. Horror as a genre of film, literature, or television is intended to press your buttons and make the audience feel as uncomfortable and terrified as possible. That is the soul function of horror, to be horrific, to be beyond the pale.

Complaining that a horror film negatively triggered you is like complaining that a ****ographic film aroused you.

I agree and I partially disagree. I think there's "fun" triggering and genuinely disturbing triggering. Like I could barely watch The Human Centipede trailer, so I def. didn't watch the movie. It was too much for me. But I really had fun with The Purge and enjoyed the movie, even though some parts did make me uncomfortable. I think it's about striking a balance between being triggered and having fun with it.

I agree and I partially disagree. I think there's "fun" triggering and genuinely disturbing triggering. Like I could barely watch The Human Centipede trailer, so I def. didn't watch the movie. It was too much for me. But I really had fun with The Purge and enjoyed the movie, even though some parts did make me uncomfortable. I think it's about striking a balance between being triggered and having fun with it.

The difference between a fun trigger and a disturbing trigger is a matter of personal taste I think. That is why there are so many different types of horror films, one for every trigger.

The Human Centipede was too horrific for you, probably because of the gore. For others the violent premise in The Purge may be too horrific. I can imagine people who have been burgled, or I can imagine someone who survived the chaotic genocide of Uganda, being triggered in a non-fun way from a film about lawless people running around with machetes.

GagaisHotAF

Its Horror story for a reason. If you don't like horror you won't like the show. I love gorey violence and thats why I am a fan of the show :)

Probably on Grindr

The difference between a fun trigger and a disturbing trigger is a matter of personal taste I think. That is why there are so many different types of horror films, one for every trigger.

The Human Centipede was too horrific for you, probably because of the gore. For others the violent premise in The Purge may be too horrific. I can imagine people who have been burgled, or I can imagine someone who survived the chaotic genocide of Uganda, being triggered in a non-fun way from a film about lawless people running around with machetes.

Oh, I totally agree. I was just using my own examples to show how I feel about triggering in the horror genre. :) 

Whispering

I'm so glad no one is attacking OP, like last time. 

Last time, the OP didn't present it the way this OP did...that is the difference here. Everyone here understands that some people aren't comfortable with horror! I've expressed that I can't watch these types of shows several times over the past few months and I've never been attacked. The problem comes when first time viewers want a show to change or become something different, because they are uncomfortable with it. That's entitled and unrealistic. 

James March

there's no point in watching it if you cannot handle the blood and violence.  if someone did come up with a list of triggers, you'd pretty much lose all the content and main plot for the episode and not know what the **** is going on.  im so sorry this happened to you though

Archived