question

im very triggered from the past two episodes :3

vernonl98

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

i wouldnt mind watching the episodes i just need warnings of when people jump out and slit throats and sh!t

Lol this rarely happens tbh.

gory scenes do happen more often but that doesn't do anything to me, but the scare scenes are really minor.

It's not for everybody. :yes: I know there are certain forms of horror that I too am uncomfortable with, so I can understand why someone might not like certain seasons/aspects of AHS. (The torturous ones are the kinds I don't like- Human Centipede, Hostel, Hills Have Eyes, etc.)

It's perfectly understandable. :hug:  Is there any way, if you like the plot, you can just listen to audio and then watch the Gaga scenes?  You aren't missing anything with the audio, and you can use your imagination to make up scenes to go along with the dialogue. Like listening to a book on tape or something. 

awwww you guys are too nice :stalkga:i just wanna enjoy the episodes and i was until that dude at the end of ep2 was killing everyone too brutally and slit his own throat i get very triggered by suicidal stuff so XD

I'm so glad no one is attacking OP, like last time. 

the OP in that thread just came off as rude to me, Idk what it was but it felt almost preachy to me, I didn't attack them but I could see why someone could get mad

He/They

ChicaSkas

I too, once tried to watch AHS. I think I got about 20 minutes in. And I did it on the request of a good mod friend (she knows who she is) ... and I still couldn't do it. 

I had troubles with Episode one because of the rape scenes... the 4 some was okayish but still rather awful. This show is really a litmus test for a lot of people because, as someone here said, you can tell who's new to the scene and who's been watching this crap for years. ( I say that in a good way, dear mod friend.)

I felt it was gratuitous. In the sense that it really didn't need to be there to begin with, it was only done for shock value. the story could probably be told more compellingly without all the needless senseless "let's do it just to do it for the sake of doing it!" violence and mindf*cks.

That being said, if you just want to see Gaga's end of it, one of our friends @FATCAT is editing out the gore and putting up the films with Gaga's parts only, for the people who've had it with the blood, rape, etc.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

What a weird thread.

The entire point, literally the entire function of a horror film is to trigger you. Horror as a genre of film, literature, or television is intended to press your buttons and make the audience feel as uncomfortable and terrified as possible. That is the soul function of horror, to be horrific, to be beyond the pale.

Complaining that a horror film negatively triggered you is like complaining that a ****ographic film aroused you.

ChicaSkas

What a weird thread.

The entire point, literally the entire function of a horror film is to trigger you. Horror as a genre of film, literature, or television is intended to press your buttons and make the audience feel as uncomfortable and terrified as possible. That is the soul function of horror, to be horrific, to be beyond the pale.

Complaining that a horror film negatively triggered you is like complaining that a ****ographic film aroused you.

Wow. I never thought about it that way. I do have a lot to learn! 

Thank you for helping me see things like this in a new way, a new mindset. No shade, I really mean it -- the way you explained it makes perfect sense. It's like reverse p*rnography. Wow.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ARTPOPdidntflop

It's like reverse p*rnography. Wow.

:koons: 

what

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

ChicaSkas

:koons: 

what

Think about it... p*rn at it's best and highest self is meant to turn us on in a pretty much generally universally acceptible and okay way -- it's harmless, normal, and natural to want to look at naked people. Let's label it for the moment as a Good Thing.

Now, what would be the opposite of a Good Thing? (no, not No P*rn, not the answer I'm going for here) The opposite of a Good Thing would be a Bad Thing. Horror is reverse p*rnography in this case because it repulses us, it disgusts us, it makes us want absolutely nothing to do with it, but turn and run in the opposite direction. Or shut the power off on the TV. Either way. 

Instead of being inviting like P*rn might be *watch me, watch me, I'm p--n and I'm here to turn you on!* , Horror is like *Don't watch me. I will freak you the f*ck out so you will be traumatised*

Get it?

ARTPOPdidntflop

Think about it... p*rn at it's best and highest self is meant to turn us on in a pretty much generally universally acceptible and okay way -- it's harmless, normal, and natural to want to look at naked people.

**** isn't good for you because they've linked constant consumption of **** to erectile dysfunction

Also straight p*rn is generally very violent and male dominated which creates a violent space for women when men try and transfer what they've learnt from p*rn into the real world

ChicaSkas

**** isn't good for you because they've linked constant consumption of **** to erectile dysfunction

Also straight p*rn is generally very violent and male dominated which creates a violent space for women when men try and transfer what they've learnt from p*rn into the real world

Uh, I said at it's best and highest incarnation...? Dunno what p*orn you are watching.... Did you get my point though or are you just arguing to argue with me...? :teehee:

ARTPOPdidntflop

Uh, I said at it's best and highest incarnation...? Dunno what p*orn you are watching.... Did you get my point though or are you just arguing to argue with me...? :teehee:

who's arguing? It's called a discussion but I guess that's not what Mods on GGD refer to it as

But I missed that first part anyway

Constant masturbation more like it. Consuming **** doesn't cause erectile dysfunction. 

Let me put it this way. Just because men who watch (and masturbate too) a lot of **** can't keep it up in bed does not mean that **** causes erectile dysfunction. 

ChicaSkas

who's arguing? It's called a discussion but I guess that's not what Mods on GGD refer to it as

But I missed that first part anyway

Oh quit being snotty :P 

On the internet it's hard to tell inflection without emoticons or descriptive words.

You "read" as if you were arguing, but honestly, it's all good... no hard feelings :)

FATCAT

Well it is to be understood that the show will show explicit materials.

I am sorry you have to gone through thus though.

But do not be discouraged, our fellow member @FATCAT is making Gaga only scenes for each episodes so you and every other people alike can still keep up.

im not sure if im the only one, but after watching the past two episodes, with the amount of gore and violence and blood just flowing everywhere, i dont think ill be watching from episode 3 onwards. maybe its because its my first season of ahs, because i tried watching the first episode of murder house but couldnt get ten minutes in without pissing myself. i only started watching this episode because of the countess (who looks so good just saying) but i just wanna know if anyone is experiencing the same thing and whether someone can post like a list of triggers haha :koons:

Gettin' that promo :hor:

http://gagadaily.com/topic/165612-ahs-gaga-only-versions-for-critique-non-trauma-etc/?page=1

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived