💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney Star playing gay **** star in new movie

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Gianni Versace

But being a d--g addict isn't a state of being. Drugs aren't YOU. Drug taking is an experience but it isn't your ethnicity/s-x/s-xuality. 

I have my own views of the trivialization of d--gs in cinema anyway

:legend:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

and i stand by that. it is harder for gays to get booked and even harder for fem gays to get booked.

don't see why you're trying to argue against the obvious.

It is obvious but it also connects to fat people or men who might look perfectly masculine but have a high pitched voice, people with a physical handicap etc. etc. Directors have a vision and anyone who doesn't fit it is gonna be cut out, I think you're blowing this whole gay thing out of proportion while it's perfectly normal for any "feminine" gay guy to get rejected because he can't conceal his own identity - an actor is PAID to be able to transform into something else.

I mean, lbr a feminine gay guy would never ever get through acting school if he didn't learn to put his own personality aside for a role that demands it.

Gianni Versace

Why the need to make up an argument I didn't make, and even argue against it? :later:

My final opinion is that actors are cast to portray and getting a role. The actor most suited gets  cast. Most people are straight, so it's logical that there are more straight actors. And why would a great straight actor portray a gay character any less than a gay one? Are we supposed to give roles out of pity? I'd  be so emarrased and disappointed if I ever were to be cast based on my s-xual orientation. 

to save me the hassle if you were to argue it tbh

okay, i understand. i strongly disagree but who the **** cares, right? there's no point because i don't think either of us are changing our opinions anytime soon. 

ARTPOPdidntflop

I completely agree that it is harder for gay actors to get roles but does that mean that gay actors are only going to be cast for gay roles? Should they never play a straight person? Should the only role an actor play be based on his own life experiences and nothing else? Wouldn't it just be a reality show then?

How are straight people ever supposed to act "being gay". If an important plot line was for the character to be gay, they could NEVER act that.

If the plot wasnt so focused on the s-xuality on the character, and they just happened to be gay then that's a different story. A straight actor will never capture the gay experience.

The same people disagreeing are the same people that argue that "White people get casted more because it's more reflective of the Directors experiences!" "That's why there's more men than woman, more white people than POC" Etc.

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Didymus

But being a d--g addict isn't a state of being. Drugs aren't YOU. Drug taking is an experience but it isn't your ethnicity/s-x/s-xuality. 

Your post was: how will a straight guy encapsulate the experience of a gay guy? The exact same thing applies to specific experiences, I mean, I see no reason at all to make any distinction and there really isn't one..

Gianni Versace

It is obvious but it also connects to fat people or men who might look perfectly masculine but have a high pitched voice, people with a physical handicap etc. etc. Directors have a vision and anyone who doesn't fit it is gonna be cut out, I think you're blowing this whole gay thing out of proportion while it's perfectly normal for any "feminine" gay guy to get rejected because he can't conceal his own identity - an actor is PAID to be able to transform into something else.

I mean, lbr a feminine gay guy would never ever get through acting school if he didn't learn to put his own personality aside for a role that demands it.

i don't think that makes it any more okay.

and it's irritating because i understand that directors have a vision but if they're directing a movie with gay characters, they should at least cast gay people. again, that's my opinion. if you don't agree then fine, i'm not here to please you.

ARTPOPdidntflop

Your post was: how will a straight guy encapsulate the experience of a gay guy? The exact same thing applies to specific experiences, I mean, I see no reason at all to make any distinction and there really isn't one..

Yes but the film specifically focuses on the aspect of this gay man's life, and I really don't see how it's right to cast someone who has 0 interaction with any of what comes with it.... idk..

I find it hard to see the reasoning. It's different if the character "Happens to be gay" and the actor is straight, but the whole story is that this is a Gay Man and how he lived being gay. I would say the same for a gay man acting the life of a straight man it just doesn't work :dies: 

Also you could argue d--gs is such a common theme in our culture that we're bombarded with it and romanticized with it, that it's not hard to act that out. Whereas gay culture is so separated to hetero normative society

Didymus

i don't think that makes it any more okay.

and it's irritating because i understand that directors have a vision but if they're directing a movie with gay characters, they should at least cast gay people. again, that's my opinion. if you don't agree then fine, i'm not here to please you.

I'm fine with respecting an opinion but you're not backing it up with a good reason :air::air: I asked you several times why you think it's so important that directors "at least" cast gay people and you haven't given me one logical answer. That's why I keep quoting you :emma:

Lucifer

How are straight people ever supposed to act "being gay". If an important plot line was for the character to be gay, they could NEVER act that.

If the plot wasnt so focused on the s-xuality on the character, and they just happened to be gay then that's a different story. A straight actor will never capture the gay experience

If two guys were to delinger the same line. Would you honestly be 100% sure who has the "gay experience"? Please. :coffee:

DrewStevens

If the plot wasnt so focused on the s-xuality on the character, and they just happened to be gay then that's a different story. A straight actor will never capture the gay experience

But that's just like saying that an actor who never experienced poverty can't play a poor person or that an actor who has never been s-xually abused should not play s-xual assault victims/survivors.

Gianni Versace

I'm fine with respecting an opinion but you're not backing it up with a good reason :air::air: I asked you several times why you think it's so important that directors "at least" cast gay people and you haven't given me one logical answer. That's why I keep quoting you :emma:

goodbye, i've given you multiple reasons and if you think they're illogical, that's really your issue. :lmao:

ARTPOPdidntflop

If two guys were to delinger the same line. Would you honestly be 100% sure who has the "gay experience"? Please. :coffee:

i dont understand what you're trying to say

AlexanderLevi2

If the plot wasnt so focused on the s-xuality on the character, and they just happened to be gay then that's a different story. A straight actor will never capture the gay experience.

The same people disagreeing are the same people that argue that "White people get casted more because it's more reflective of the Directors experiences!" "That's why there's more men than woman, more white people than POC" Etc.

I actually don't argue that white people get casted more because it is more reflective of society. I believe diversity needs to happen in our entertainment industry and it is very straight white male dominated. So please don't put words into my mouth. You are getting very defensive when I just asked a question. I'm not attacking you at all.

Yes, I am a gay man. I don't really find this to be too much of a problem. But that's my opinion. And you have a right to yours.

Currently listening to Joanne

Didymus

Yes but the film specifically focuses on the aspect of this gay man's life, and I really don't see how it's right to cast someone who has 0 interaction with any of what comes with it.... idk..

I find it hard to see the reasoning. It's different if the character "Happens to be gay" and the actor is straight, but the whole story is that this is a Gay Man and how he lived being gay. I would say the same for a gay man acting the life of a straight man it just doesn't work :dies: 

Also you could argue d--gs is such a common theme in our culture that we're bombarded with it and romanticized with it, that it's not hard to act that out. Whereas gay culture is so separated to hetero normative society

Do you even know what this movie is about? :air::air: It's about the murder of a producer of gay films. This movie is not about what it's like to be gay or whatever you're describing. There's no reason this actor can't play the part, esp. since it's based on an actual person who can be met and talked to and has tons of video footage to base your performance on.

I mean, it's far more respectful to base your performance on a specific person than just positing a way too vague and also kind of disrespectful "gay experience" (just one? how fascinating) to point out that straights could never embody a gay character.

I guess a gay guy can never play a kissing or s-x scene with a woman either, I mean it's just insane and you know it.

ARTPOPdidntflop

But that's just like saying that an actor who never experienced poverty can't play a poor person or that an actor who has never been s-xually abused should not play s-xual assault victims/survivors.

But being poor =/= being gay :dies:

IDK how else to explain it but there's just certain things that people will never be able to encapsulate....

You could imagine what being poor is like, we're always bombarded with that theme in movies and tv and in real life!

But i think minorities shoudn't be touched.

It just doesn't make sense to me, their stories are so often pushed out of the way and then when their stories DO come up, straight people are the ones to tell it :emma:

Archived