news

AHS episode 7 'Flicker' synopsis

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

'Chapter 7 / Production #507 – “Flicker” (Airs November 18, 10:00 pm e/p) – Will Drake’s renovations uncover one of the Hotel’s greatest secrets. John undergoes psychiatric evaluation. The Countess learns the fate of her first love. Written by Crystal Liu; directed by Michael Goi. '

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/fx-upcoming-episode-press-releases_19.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hmmm... so they are really gonna sell the hotel to Will and he will change some things. And this Countess's first love most likely isn't Mr. March. I wonder if it is her baby's dad.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Didymus

"Crystal Liu"

Why can't I have a name like that.

But YASSSS at Gaga having a probably emotional scene in which she can finally show us whether or not she can be a real actress :pray:

Andy McQueen

But YASSSS at Gaga having a probably emotional scene in which she can finally show us whether or not she can be a real actress :pray:

I hope so too, let's pray. :giveup:

Davidsonary

I wonder what Will is going to find. All the dead bodies? Or maybe a secret torture chamber.

Oh hello. What is this space down here? Where am I?

djBuffoon

Going off her performance last week, an "emotional" scene should be no problem.

Didymus

Going off her performance last week, an "emotional" scene should be no problem.

Well, I found it unbelievable but I do blame the writing more than her acting. There was no way anyone could have made that writing comfortable in my ears :dies:

djBuffoon

Well, I found it unbelievable but I do blame the writing more than her acting. There was no way anyone could have made that writing comfortable in my ears

You were expecting Shakespeare? lol The writing on AHS is hardly the point, it's always been over-the-top. My point being that her performance, in the latter half especially, was very nuanced and clever. Emotional scenes, or scenes that are explosive in nature, are considered more impressive for some reason, but they're easier to pull off.

Didymus

You were expecting Shakespeare? lol The writing on AHS is hardly the point, it's always been over-the-top. My point being that her performance, in the latter half especially, was very nuanced and clever. Emotional scenes, or scenes that are explosive in nature, are considered more impressive for some reason, but they're easier to pull off.

No.. some of the other writing has been spectacular, actually Gaga's dialogues and the ones related to the "family theme" feel very unconnected to the general tone of the rest of the show. So I don't think that referring to the writing in general is a good idea here, since I can definitely notice that some scenes are written splendidly and others don't work.

Disagree about your last sentence, too, it's so easy to go over the top with those and look unbelievable. Both restrained emotional and explosive emotional scenes require constraint and nuance. Gaga hasn't been able to show that yet, in my opinion, because the one restrained emotional scene she had was ruined by bad writing.

PopThatArt

No.. some of the other writing has been spectacular, actually Gaga's dialogues and the ones related to the "family theme" feel very unconnected to the general tone of the rest of the show. So I don't think that referring to the writing in general is a good idea here, since I can definitely notice that some scenes are written splendidly and others don't work.

Disagree about your last sentence, too, it's so easy to go over the top with those and look unbelievable. Both restrained emotional and explosive emotional scenes require constraint and nuance. Gaga hasn't been able to show that yet, in my opinion, because the one restrained emotional scene she had was ruined by bad writing.

Which scene do you find was ruined by the writing?

Go see A Star is Born

Didymus

Which scene do you find was ruined by the writing?

Particularly the one where she talks about her heartbreak.

djBuffoon

We agree on the family scenes, which have yet to find cohesion into the rest of the show. But the writing for Gaga's scenes are fine, especially the last one. Not that there's been much dialogue to comment on anyway.

And yes, I know that both types of scenes required a sense of calibration (a.k.a. actorly skill). But, more intimate and muted scenes are trickier to pull off. Any actor worth their weight can do a crying or angry scene.

PopThatArt

Particularly the one where she talks about her heartbreak.

I agree, the writing could have been better with that one. I want to see better written scenes for Gaga, not just ones in bed and killing people. 

Go see A Star is Born

Archived