:

:

:

opinion

Lovatics raising money to buy sick children Demi's new album 'Confident'

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Whispering

I'm being harsh because you're being ignorant. No, not all charities make contests and not all donors obtain things from donating. That's a fact and you have been saying something that's not accurate. 

You are comparing two different things. Motivating people to donate with contests and games is definitely not the same than creating an event to inflate albums sales so an artist can get a certification or a number one and then donating all those copies to charity. You are comparing incentives with getting what you want while using a cause to justify your fraud. 

I'll say it again. You and I are not going to agree on this because you think it's ok to expect something from charity and I don't. I don't care how common it is. Just because something is common it doesn't mean it's ok.

Now you have called my responses bull**** and called me ignorant. Does this make you feel better or something?

I'll say it again, if you think it is "not okay" to get something from donating, then you think the majority of people who give to charities are wrong. That's why you don't understand how charities work and why they do the things that they do to motivate others to give. If organizations that rely on donor funding had your attitude towards donors, they wouldn't be able to come close to funding their charities. 

This converastion is over on my side, you've been rude with me enough, and I don't want to  report you...so I'm going to end it with this comment. Have a nice day! Continue to volunteer your time to the very worthy cause that you work with! I think it is wonderful that you do that! 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrewStevens

Now you have called my responses bull**** and called me ignorant. Does this make you feel better or something?

I'll say it again, if you think it is "not okay" to get something from donating, then you think the majority of people who give to charities are wrong. That's why you don't understand how charities work and why they do the things that they do to motivate others to give. If organizations that rely on donor funding had your attitude, they wouldn't be able to fund their charities. 

I called you ignorant because you said charity worked in only one way, which is clearly not true and that's why I called your statement bull****, because it was bull****.

Just because you have never encountered a charity that doesn't gives anything to their donors it doesn't mean they don't exist, maybe you should expand your horizons because the world is not just black or white. 

I clearly stated that I don't have a problem with incentives but with using a cause just to cover or excuse your pathetic attempts to get some kind of fictional achievement or to obtain something. You can obtain something but you shouldn't donate just because you are going to obtain something. They are not doing this without any expectations, they are doing this to inflate album sales.

For you the intention doesn't matter but for other people it does, even for some people from charity organizations. If donors had my attitude then charities would work just fine. These fans are not part of any organization, they are donors. We are not talking about organizations but donors.

I don't think it's not ok to receive but it's wrong to donate just because you are going to receive something, exactly what they are doing.

Blueskye

Tragic:cryga:Nothing would get me out of hospital faster than the thought of being stuck in a bed listening to Demi f****** Lovato!

Archived