Mobster

"Is that trouble like Mary Kate and Ashley? " dafuq

Am I the only one who hears "Inseperable like Mary Kate and Ashley?"

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

At its worst, “Kingdom Come” is a sonic copycat of Katy Perry’s 2013 “Dark Horse” and Azalea’s own “Black Widow” from 2014, tracing the pre-chorus of Sia’s “Chandelier” with very see-through graph paper. The real travesty comes when Iggy’s verse kicks in — “Gather around, now I’m back from my holiday / ‘Long live the Queen’ what the people say” — with introductory bars that are both misguided and, if maybe meant to be satirical or winking, arrive with a thud.

There are structural, rhythmic, and simple AABB rhyme scheme problems with Azalea’s verse from the start: “And that be me, I got a king in my cavalry / Them other knights, say goodnight, they get apathy,” she drawls in her regularly critiqued, heavily (fake) accented vocals, shooting from half-court trying to link “cavalry” and “apathy” and coming up an acre short. That same issue happens later too (“Is that trouble like Mary Kate and Ashley? / Incredible, I’m ready if you ask me”).

Beyond the paltry lyrics, Azalea’s cadence and flow are so completely muddled here that it’s easy to make the argument that the verse was recorded so quickly and haphazardly that nobody thought, “Hey, this could use a Take Two.” She stumbles on her words, stringing syllables together in a marvelous flameout of mush-mouth, measure after measure.

Sure, it’s hard to call this the worst verse of the year — SPIN simply hasn’t heard every single rap verse recorded and/or released in 2015 — but of those we’ve come across, and those we’ve listened to with open ears, Iggy Azalea’s rap on “Kingdom Come” is just the absolute worst.

Source: http://www.spin.com/2015/10/iggy-azalea-demi-lovato-kingdom-come-new-song-worst-rap-verse-of-2015-confident/

I agree it's the worst RAP, but the song itself is so good :legend: Besides Iggy's part.

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

GloZell Green

And y'all were attacking me about what I "said" :trollga: I like the rest of the song though. It does share similarities with BW, but not DH :laughga: Demi should pull a DWUW and release a solo version tbh

Lady Gaga | Shakira

SEVDALIZA

failed to spot a lie, oop

and it's a shame, cause the song is alright. one can only hope demi will pull a selena and release a solo version of it? idk

dark horse 8.0 deserved better :giggle: 

operating from another world

Where are the lies tbh. The song is amazing until the Iggy verses come on

Maybe this is why Iggy didn't want it as a single, not because she wants to focus on her first single from her next album (she said she didn't want a Problem/Fancy "problem" again :giggle: )

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Does anyone have a list of songs compared to Dark Horse? :lmao:  

Black Widow, Get On Your Knees, Beg For It. Also Pretty Girls, but that one sounds more like Fancy than Dark Horse :ghost:

FGGrayson

i actually liked it :air:  idk, i think PRETTY GIRLS is more tragic, i hate PG :air: 

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

Phoenix

Black Widow, Get On Your Knees, Beg For It. Also Pretty Girls, but that one sounds more like Fancy than Dark Horse :ghost:

How does kingdom come sound like dark horse? Because the vocals build up before the breakdown, beatdrop? :smh: #revolutionary

💎

How does kingdom come sound like dark horse? Because the vocals build up before the breakdown, beatdrop? :smh: #revolutionary

Actually, Dark Horse "samples" Crazy Kids Feat. Will.I.AM. My internet is messy now, but please go and take a listen to that song, it's from 2012.

And to be honest, Kingdom Come does sound like Black Widow way more than to Dark Horse. Dark Horse is sweet, Kingdom Come's post chorus is aggressive.

Archived