Featured Posts

AlexanderLevi2

Evita was wonderful tho

She may not be the best, but she's decent enough

OT Gaga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> in acting

basically her talent in all areas

Currently listening to Joanne

AmenTheNight

There's no need to trash any of them. Gaga and Madonna both have qualities that will help them establishing their names as legends.

Gaga is a multi-talented artist : she can act, she is a natural born singer, she knows how to write great pop songs, she plays the piano, she knows how to design clothes, how to paint, and how to produce music a little. She dances a bit, but knows little how to manage a career and how to market her artistry.

Madonna is also a multi-talented artist : she is a natural born dancer and gymnast, she's also a choreographer and tour director, and worked on her voice hard enough to deliver strong vocals (when she doesn't lipsynch) at the age of 57, even when dancing. She's a marketing visionary, she knows how to play the guitar, and to write songs (not as much as Gaga, but still). She knows how to manage careers and deals. She's a terrible actress, and needs a team to create artistic cohesiveness around her work.

See, both are more skilled and talented than 99% of the industry, and are still very different. The truth is, why are they always being compared ? Because everybody believes Gaga is the only one able to deliver a legacy as rich as Madonna's. It's never been about sales or #1s, it's a matter of persona, character, artistry and cultural impact.

ShockPop

Hahaha.

Seriously feel old now. Old enough to know that Madonna is famously one of the worst actresses to have ever been given a film role.

djBuffoon

Madonna can act well when the part is right (League of Their Own, Evita), but Gaga's breakup scene with Donovan was downright brilliant in ways that I can't even describe. She understands how to communicate with her scene partner and the camera seamlessly.

GloZell Green

Okay, she does lack the ability here, she did win the Worst Supporting Actress Thing. Still, even then, I think each person acts differently in different situations. 

And yes, Gags is better imo  :sis:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

They call themselves Vulture and their slogan is "Devouring culture," so I'd take their opinions on culture with more than a grain of salt.

Put your hands up... 🖤

bornthisway135

i was still doubting Gaga after episode 1 but Chutes and Ladders persuaded me there's a high chance she will be nominated for an Emmy and Im fcking proud of her

Most definitely.

I was afraid that her acting in AHS was going to be as sub-par as Machete Kills.. :saw:

But she is proving her spot on primetime television! It's so cool to watch! I'm really critical when is comes to acting because you can just tell when someone isn't very good. She actually makes me understand her character, which is still hard for a lot of actors to do. I like that she spoke a lot more in this episode, too. The first episode had like what ...? 5-7 lines? Lol. This was a much better representation of her acting ability. So stoked for the rest of the episodes!

Bad Bromance

Madonna can act well when the part is right (League of Their Own, Evita), but Gaga's breakup scene with Donovan was downright brilliant in ways that I can't even describe. She understands how to communicate with her scene partner and the camera seamlessly.

Exactly!!  If anyone would know it's you since you're an actor and know theater, etc.  :applause:

I can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds and how our girl is rightly praised for her role as The Countess!   :party:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Bradley

Most definitely.

I was afraid that her acting in AHS was going to be as sub-par as Machete Kills.. :saw:

But she is proving her spot on primetime television! It's so cool to watch! I'm really critical when is comes to acting because you can just tell when someone isn't very good. She actually makes me understand her character, which is still hard for a lot of actors to do. I like that she spoke a lot more in this episode, too. The first episode had like what ...? 5-7 lines? Lol. This was a much better representation of her acting ability. So stoked for the rest of the episodes!

Absolutely, the way she talked about her past and the way she dominated Donovan's feelings were just so professional. I think you've got to be really special to be nominated for an Emmy and I think she wields that uniqueness and I was thinking to myself "hell, Gaga doesn't look like a singer at all here, I'm actually seeing her as a professional actress and I think she's done a great job on this"

JazzGa

Describing tristans hair as Taste defying yugioh plumage omfg that's the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life :rip:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived