💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ridley Scott accused of 'whitewashing' Asian roles in The Martian

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

Maybe they tried to cast someone who was Asian; however, they weren't good enough for the role.

You could fit the physical description perfectly; however, if you have a bad audition, you probably aren't getting that role.

I can assure you there are several good Asian actors

The reason they never get is because of racist issues

People are more inclined to watch other races than Asians

Be honest

If you were to pick from 3 races: Caucasian, Black and Indian, would you give Indian the first priority?

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
homomo

more like didn't even try:saladga:

It was a big budget movie with top of the line actors and actresses. I honestly can't think of a big budget East-Indian/South Asian Hollywood actor who could fit that role. 

homomo

I can assure you there are several good Asian actors

The reason they never get is because of racist issues

People are more inclined to watch other races than Asians

Be honest

If you were to pick from 3 races: Caucasian, Black and Indian, would you give Indian the first priority?

It depends on who their character is. If they are Indian, then of course. If not, then no.

If the character is supposed to be Indian, but I can't find the right fit, because the Indians who auditioned sucked at acting, I would try to find someone who closely resembles them to make a close fit. 

And, I'm not trying to cause an argument, but you can't say they didn't try. Were you there on set?

Serendipity

It was a big budget movie with top of the line actors and actresses. I honestly can't think of a big budget East-Indian/South Asian Hollywood actor who could fit that role. 

For like a 5 minute role?

Voltaire

based on the bestselling novel by Andy Weir, features a diverse set of characters, two of which are Asian yet are played by white and black actors on screen.

It is based on a book, where there are diverse races, yet no hint of any Asian in the movie

I won't argue that Asian's are under-represented by a long shot in film and media. I also won't argue that it should be made more important and the issue is worth applying pressure where its due.

BUT- at least be honest about it. There are Asians in the film. Not in the roles we may want, and not in the numbers we want, but I think its better to argue in truth so that people don't think you've not even seen the film you're arguing against (or at least looked through the cast list).

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Serendipity

I won't argue that Asian's are under-represented by a long shot in film and media. I also won't argue that it should be made more important and the issue is worth applying pressure where its due.

BUT- at least be honest about it. There are Asians in the film. Not in the roles we may want, and not in the numbers we want, but I think its better to argue in truth so that people don't think you've not even seen the film you're arguing against (or at least looked through the cast list).

The movie is not a big matter

The question of the hour is that the ethnic races are severely repressed

Asians canonly get supporting roles at most in Hollywood because big heads don't find Asians markatable

In this ever politically correct world, sure Scott could have cast Asian actors, but that didn't happen...

There are quite a few Asian directors out there, why don't they take on new movies and cast them with Asian actors? Action speaks more volumes than complaining about a movie like this already in theaters. 

Silence those demons... . đŸ–€

homomo

Asians canonly get supporting roles at most in Hollywood because big heads don't find Asians markatable

It's the writers that need to be shamed for this then. People cast characters based on who they are. That means the writers need to write more Asian main characters then. 

Voltaire

We already agreed on the issue. I'm just saying to not delete those Asian actors that DID act in the film as a way to harden the argument that doesn't need to be hardened. There is enough real proof, no need to be polemic.

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Cocaine Heart

I think this concept of 'whitewashing' is very stupid.
Not everything is about racism. 

We going to boo

Archived