Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Justin Bieber's new album banned in Middle East for promoting Christianity

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indonesia is NOT the Middle East, nor is it IN the Middle East.

Saudi Arabia is not the Middle East either. There is no such thing as "The Middle East". Every country in the Arab world has its different set of rules; so when you say "Middle East", you're basically generalizing a population of 500 million people living in more than 20 countries.

The Middle East is an economic term invented by Europe to label an area compromising of more than 20 Arab countries. The title of this thread should be corrected.

Saudi Arabia is not the Middle East either. There is no such thing as "The Middle East". Every country in the Arab world has its different set of rules; so when you say "Middle East", you're basically generalizing a population of 500 million people living in more than 20 countries.

The Middle East is a region of Asia, so yes it does exist, and Saudi Arabia is a part  of it. No one said Indonesia was a part of it either, it was just included in this discussion because of its censorship rules. People use the term Middle East to describe a region with very similar conditions and laws. By your logic I'm assuming we can't use terms such as Europe or South East Asia either?

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Solitaire

The Middle East is an economic term invented by Europe to label an area compromising of more than 20 Arab countries. The title of this thread should be corrected.

please calm down :smh:

- Previously Sycothisis

Morphine Prince

If you had actually read the article posted in the OP you would have seen that:

1. Names of countries weren't included

2. It says "ME, as well as Indonesia" 

FlopSlurper

The Middle East is a region of Asia, so yes it does exist, and Saudi Arabia is a part  of it. No one said Indonesia was a part of it either, it was just included in this discussion because of its censorship rules. People use the term Middle East to describe a region with very similar conditions and laws. By your logic I'm assuming we can't use terms such as Europe or South East Asia either?

Actually, the conditions in the ME aren't similar at all, nor are the laws :madge:

shut it fat

Yes, I know it exists. I lived in Dubai for 23 years. However, it is kind of ignorant to say that the "Middle East" banned Justin Bieber's album; because the Middle East didn't ban it. It'll probably be banned or will be censored in Saudi Arabia and Egypt (Egypt is in NA); 2 countries out of 22. Every time an article happens to mention bans in "The Middle East", it usually means KSA along with another country or two, not the entire region. 

I hope you understand that what I'm trying say is that the Middle East is not a country/region with one set of rules; it is a region with 22 independent countries that have their own legislations and laws. For example, should the United States ban a book (let's call it X) for whatever reason, I'm not going to write an article saying "North America banned book X".

A lot of Islamophobia comes from generalizing the Middle East. It is unfair and has cost a billion people their reputation in the world. I'm just trying to shed light on cultural appropriation, not fighting with you.

Thank you.

RAMROD

Anyone remember gaga's pink skirt for the Indonesian DWUW cover?

I believe that is fan made.

If you check Indonesian iTunes store, 

The cover is not edited.

itunes_gaga_indonesia.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived