news

AHS: Hotel final numbers: 12.17m viewers, 2nd most watched in FX history

asana15

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopThatArt

"...By comparison, the record-setting “American Horror Story: Freak Show” averaged 10 million viewers, including 6.54 million adults 18-49 and 4.08 million adults 18-34. According to FX, “Hotel” still has a chance to move ahead of the “Freak Show” premiere to rank as the network’s most-watched telecast ever when full data is tabulated in about 60 days.

In L+3, “American Horror Story: Hotel,” which featured Lady Gaga in her primetime television series debut, was up vs. its previously reported “live plus same-day” numbers by 53% in adults 18-49 (4.8 vs. 3.0) and 36% in total viewers (9.10 million vs. 5.81 million)..."  Variety

"...With Lady Gaga starring, the debut episode drew 6.3 million viewers in the key 18-49 demo.

The Hotel debut drew 6.3 million viewers in the key 18-49 demo, ranking as No. 5 among all new and returning series premieres this fall. With the younger-skewing 18-34 demo, where it delivered 3.7 million, it bumped up to No. 3. Once nonlinear platforms were factored in across its first three days post-air, AHS' audience ballooned to 12.2 million total viewers...."   - The Hollywood Reporter.

Just for reference:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/american-horror-story-freak-show-ratings-34379/

This is the three days of it airing, not a one night total. It's very deceptive. On average, AHS gets 2-3.5M views during initial airing for one night, last Wednesday it has a little over 5M views during its original air time, that's about a 2M increase from episodes last season. And also, it's deceptive because same viewers who may watch the repeat episodes aren't excluded from total, it's not necessarily reaching a huge audience as made out to be. 

Go see A Star is Born

Pity Party

it did not... They were Twitter ratings :emma: 

btw ,TWD is only getting better with every season :koons:

oh sorry i don't have endless hours to read over every line on GGD.

Nope, it's only gotten worse. The first season was solid though. Watch YMS TWD on youtube it describes and proves how garbage it is now. 

Amazing news! Wow, what an outstanding start! I hope viewers return for the rest of the season. I am so freakin' happy! :party:

Dangerous Man

So,  are the haters still going to doubt Gaga's TV ratings power? Lol. They should already give up and Stan a bit.  :legend:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

mister max

to compare, MTV VMAs 2015 got about 9m viewers :ghostga: 

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

malazam

The Walking Dead used to have like 16 million viewers!! I'm so shocked that (in this climate) AHS has topped it!! :omg: 

TWD have an average of 13,5-14,5 million per episode in the moment that it's airing.

AHS did 12,2 with 3 day numbers not premiere moment

another shot before we kiss the other side

I think the end of Freakshow left a really sour taste in viewer's mouths for the future of AHS. For Hotel to pull numbers such as these after FS is actually incredible.

Or really it was just the show's peak, if FS had really been the problem the numbers would be much lower.

Or really it was just the show's peak, if FS had really been the problem the numbers would be much lower.

Well I think the numbers would be much lower had Gaga not been apart of it. Little monsters are a force of nature. 

Well I think the numbers would be much lower had Gaga not been apart of it. Little monsters are a force of nature. 

not when it comes to buying her album :derpga: 

Archived