💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rape triggers in AHS

NYCMonster1984

Featured Posts

gagzus

the funny thing is a scene depicting rape from a demon which will never happen is a trigger yet Madison's gang rape wasn't when that happens all the time in American campuses nnnn :rip: 

The trigger for it this season was the fact Lady Gaga is in the show tbh and AHS stans are too pressed to admit it

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Horror story  a fictional HORROR story

Showing a murder scene is ok but a rape one isn't ok...

Supersonic

TV-MA_icon.jpg

Not to mention the the L V and S warnings (Language, Violence & Sex) after every commercial break. The show was literally a trigger warning fest.

chromadica

The condescending tone of half the people in this thread is appalling :fail:  some people are triggered by fictional portrayals of a trauma, PTSD is complex and affects people in a variety of ways. It's a controversial topic, and people are inevitably going to respond in different ways.

I just hope the scene wasn't added purely for shock value though. As long as this kind of material isn't relied on throughout the season, I don't have a huge issue with it.

the funny thing is a scene depicting rape from a demon which will never happen is a trigger yet Madison's gang rape wasn't when that happens all the time in American campuses nnnn :rip: 

The trigger for it this season was the fact Lady Gaga is in the show tbh and AHS stans are too pressed to admit it

People were upset by that back when it aired, actually.

djBuffoon

Was the rape scene "necessary"? Who can really say?

You can argue that none of the gruesome things that have happened on AHS are necessary. All I know is that the scene, although brief, impacted pretty much every viewer somehow, and I think that is what art is about. It didn't treat the event as a joke and, once Sally was brought into the scene to complete it, it went to the next level and became very oddly moving imo.

ChicaSkas

I want to totally censor this show by hand and rerealease a safe version :deadbanana: is that nuts hahahaha

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

badgalriri

seriously. i'm a victim myself but like cmon. It's expected. theres nothing that they can show me that would make me upset. it's not ****ing real. it was literally a faceless demon w a pointy dildo

The condescending tone of half the people in this thread is appalling :fail:

This is the main problem I've got with what's happened in this thread.

I mean, the rape scene was a little more extra than it needed to be and was actually pretty sh*t, in all honesty but like others have said, it is somewhat expected and was warned about.

However, the fact people are trying to f'ing noose someone over posting a warning. It's pathetic.

Kulture Kiari

Look. I am a victim of rape when I was 18. I have also been a fan of AHS for awhile now.  AHS is not known for having lovy dubby, Teletubbies, Barney material!  They are known for gore, rough, weird material. If you are a new fan or are watching solely because of Gaga,  be aware that this rape scene will not be the only scene that will cause triggers during this season. So honestly,  be careful and advised. But if you have been a fan and are just complaining STOP WATCHING IT.  It's Ryan's show.  That's like going to someone's house and complaining that you don't like their house.  You don't like it,  then leave.  

Anyone who says the scene was unnecessary clearly does not understand the whole concept

thought I was born in a league of my own | but I'm sinking

LebaneseDude

I want to totally censor this show by hand and rerealease a safe version :deadbanana: is that nuts hahahaha

Reminds me of those movies with graphic content that would get censored on some Arabic channels. One time a 90 minute movie became 50 minutes long and didn't even make sense since many scenes were cut or edited.

Point being, attempting to censor American Horror Story will essentially diminish its quality and flow. So there's no point watching it unless you're in it for some other reason.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Evan Peters

Rape has been a plot since season 1. Is it a tired trope? Yes. But this is Ryan Murphy and he always has one trope that he includes in every season of ahs.

However, I feel like people should be well aware of the content that could be in the show. There's a warning in the beginning for a reason. If you can't handle sensitive content then you shouldn't be watching the show. I know that seems drastic but that's really the best you can do to ensure you won't get triggered by the content.

And he didn't use to freely. He used it as a metaphor and how bad addiction can mess you up. The addiction demon is the evil side of addiction and Sally is the part that soothes you. Actually, all of the rape plots in ahs pertained to a plot or a development to future character interactions/events. The only one i can see as unnecessary is the orgy in Freakshow and I'm still on the fence about that even being rape to begin with due to the circumstances. 

When there's a warning for sensitive content, s-xual situations, and violence then you should be fully aware that things like that can occur.

And yeah, there was a warning. It's at the beginning of the show. 

emma roberts is an abuser

JusKeepBreathin

I think this post is weird. There was a child abduction, two disembowled murders, eyes and tongue was pulled out, a mans penis was super glued in a dead woman's vagina while she was impaled, a super bloody foursome, and children were sucking on blood in this episode, but God forbid a rape is used as entertainment. Is that really where people draw the line? Should we all just go back to watching I Love Lucy and thinking all is right with the world. :awkney:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

GagaisHotAF

You can tell which fans have actually seen a full season of AHS and which ones only started watchinf with Hotel

Probably on Grindr

Archived