đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

other

Gaga's recent obsession with being pictured smoking

Benji

Featured Posts

Benji

Before I really start this thread, this is not a "omg Gaga is smoking please don't kill yourself mummy monster!" or any sort of thread about disagreeing with smoking etc as not only would I be a hypocrite as a smoker, but I also believes she's free to do what she wants.

Why do you think Gaga has recently become obsessed with being snapped with a cigarette? Now, as a drama student and general art lover, I appreciate the aesthetic and power of a cigarette in an image but is Gaga taking it too far? Cigarettes can help build the image of beauty thanks to it's history, they can also give the viewer a sense of depression like emotions where the smoker no longer cares for their health or someone is deep in thought, they can be s-xy etc... they're actually great props for an image!

But I'm personally a little confused recently by the bombardment of images of her smoking. These aren't candid photos of her taking a break or really a dramatic expression of emotion, these are selfies where she has a choice on what to put in them so why do you think she's using cigarettes as props so excessively?

I guess smoking has always been a part of Gaga's brand but she's really ramped it up recently. I suppose she might actually have a song about smoking or something on LG5 but I can't help but feel she is actually pumping out a slightly bad image to her fans. Even in some images or posts where she's not smoking, she'll use a cigarette emoji? Like what is this.

Anyway, what's your thoughts? Anyone else finding it a little over the top recently or is it just me?

tumblr_mk8jnrvdg21rvvk8yo1_500.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
untitled

This thread, again :saladga:

OT: I hate that she smokes. It's bad for her health and voice

💋 Lead Me to War With Your Brilliant Erection 🚬

Benji

This thread, again :saladga:

OT: I hate that she smokes. It's bad for her health and voice

Not really "again" ... I've seen threads where people are crying at the fact she smokes (despite the fact she's smoked for years so like what did they expect) but not one asking why she's using it a lot more in her image again.

darkchylde

I really dislike that she smokes but I guess it helps her cope with things so I'd rather seeing her smoking that on d--gs again. Also I'm sure she's able to afford those expensive cigarrettes with organic tabacco and natural trash or whatever.

Alien Tulip

Gaga is almost 30 and yes she is mature but at the same time I think Gaga still feels like a young girl in her 20s sometimes. Gaga posting non stop selfies of her smoking cigarettes is proof that she still feels like a party girl and wild especially when she talks about drinking whiskey all the time. 

PoshLife

Gaga is almost 30 and yes she is mature but at the same time I think Gaga still feels like a young girl in her 20s sometimes. Gaga posting non stop selfies of her smoking cigarettes is proof that she still feels like a party girl and wild especially when she talks about drinking whiskey all the time. 

Yeah to be honest I think she thinks smoking looks cool. I remember feeling that way when I was in, like, middle school haha.

kizurl

Most smokers i know dont continue smoking because they appreciate the aesthetic or think it's 'cool'. It's an addiction and a way to relieve themselves as the day gets by. I don't think its a matter of taking on a persona with a cigarette but rather just a strong inclination towards the nocotine etc. which is actually hard to resist yourself from once you start smoking

Benji

Most smokers i know dont continue smoking because they appreciate the aesthetic or think it's 'cool'. It's an addiction and a way to relieve themselves as the day gets by. I don't think its a matter of taking on a persona with a cigarette but rather just a strong inclination towards the nocotine etc. which is actually hard to resist yourself from once you start smoking

As a smoker myself, I know and agree!

I've had pictures taken of me smoking for projects or random group pictures where I've been smoking at the time but I rarely ever take a selfie smoking, let alone then go and post it.

Tokyo Rose

The cigarette seems like such an overused prop.

They fit the hotel theme well. You can check in any time you like, but you can never leave :creepga:

I myself quit smoking recently. I thought AHS might trigger cravings, but surprisingly it's pretty easy to avoid cigarettes once you realize what they do to you.

The e-cigarette helps with that too :coffee:

kizurl

As a smoker myself, I know and agree!

I've had pictures taken of me smoking for projects or random group pictures where I've been smoking at the time but I rarely ever take a selfie smoking, let alone then go and post it.

Thats a valid point. I dont know, maybe she just uses it as a prop in her selfies - kinda like how people use the peace sign or have the tendency to do something with their hands just so not to look awkward. But yeah i agree, its kinda tacky to flaunt your addictions/vices and i cant really defend her on this one

Benji

I myself quit smoking recently. I thought AHS might trigger cravings, but surprisingly it's pretty easy to avoid cigarettes once you realize what they do to you.

I've tried so many different ways to quit. I started when I was fourteen and now I'm fastly approaching twenty one and really wanting to quit before time flies and it becomes a real health risk :giveup:

I've just ordered a carton of herbal cigarettes with no tobacco or additives as a little digging on the web (where the tobbaco companies aren't recommending ways to "quit" that they know you'll fail at) showed me that a lot of people have used these to quit! I'm so excited to try them. Obviously nicotine withdrawal is going to be a b---h but hopefully having something to smoke throughout that time will help me deal with it a bit better than when I've tried going cold turkey :giveup:

Tokyo Rose

I've tried so many different ways to quit. I started when I was fourteen and now I'm fastly approaching twenty one and really wanting to quit before time flies and it becomes a real health risk :giveup:

I've just ordered a carton of herbal cigarettes with no tobacco or additives as a little digging on the web (where the tobbaco companies aren't recommending ways to "quit" that they know you'll fail at) showed me that a lot of people have used these to quit! I'm so excited to try them. Obviously nicotine withdrawal is going to be a b---h but hopefully having something to smoke throughout that time will help me deal with it a bit better than when I've tried going cold turkey :giveup:

I'm quitting because it's going to be winter in the US soon,

and standing out in the cold for a cigarette sucks :ghostney:

You can always vape indoors without people getting mad at you. Plus being a smoker makes it easier for you to catch a cold or the flu, and then it takes like 2 weeks to heal.

Benji

I'm quitting because it's going to be winter in the US soon,

and standing out in the cold for a cigarette sucks :ghostney:

You can always vape indoors without people getting mad at you. Plus being a smoker makes it easier for you to catch a cold or the flu, and then it takes like 2 weeks to heal.

I've tried vaping multiple times (literally sat next to an e-cig right now as I'm cutting down on the real thing at the moment) but I really want to just get rid of the nicotine addiction. I once went three months without smoking but went back to it straight away once my patches ran out.

Nicotine is evil :giveup:

Archived