Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

AHS: Hotel - Ratings Discussion Thread (Finale - 2.25M)

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Guys, why are you even comparing AHS to other FX shows? AHS used to be The best. And the amount of money for AHS production is not comparable with something like Fargo. It should not have and cannot have the same ratings. And if it does it probably gets cancelled

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

The main plot about the detective and kids is so boring in my opinion, so I'm not surprised at all.

PrinceGaga

Where are the + 3 numbers for Ep 2? They never got out did they?

im sure its just the lack of people watching live. People would still watch it just not live

bornthisway135

Ratings for Episode 3 - "Mommy" are in!

3.20M viewers, Demo 1.7

So far so good! Episode 3 revealed so much! Can't wait to see Episode 4!

Kermit

Who wouldn't wanna see Cheyenne and Finn almost hitting it off though :shrug:

It looks like in order to save this mess, season 6 needs to truly be AHS : Area 51 and bring in Sigourney Weaver.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

flopheart

Let's consider a few things:

The last two seasons were very delusional for all the fans even if they're the most watched, so ahs hotel is in a very difficoult position. Coven ratings were good because asylum was a cool horror show and it's the same for freakshow, now we are at season 5, ahs is getting older and some ideas are very recycled. Not everyone are fine with it. Btw i liked these 3episodes i hope ratings will grow again.

Mister Gaga

This is bad news. 

But the good one is that Hotel is AHS best season since Asylum imo. Quality > Quantity 

freebit

Guys, why are you even comparing AHS to other FX shows? AHS used to be The best. And the amount of money for AHS production is not comparable with something like Fargo. It should not have and cannot have the same ratings. And if it does it probably gets cancelled

Because that is the logical thing to do? It's a show that airs late on cable with a TV-MA rating because of the graphic content, and consistently goes over the standard running time, so it only makes sense to compare it with The Strain, The Bastard Executioner etc, that have similar traits. Plus, I don't know what show you're thinking of, but AHS has never had The Walking Dead's blockbuster-sized numbers, nor did they go balls to the walls with this seasons promo budget like Scream Queens or Freak Show. These numbers seem standard, and if it dips hugely, yes I would understand the panic, but until then it's on par (and doing a bit better than) season 2 - the season that got renewed and is considered the best.

Well Im a bit sad that it keeps dropping like this... Now lower than Coven and Freakshow. :/ It doesnt deserve it! But doesnt matter! :)

Because that is the logical thing to do? It's a show that airs late on cable with a TV-MA rating because of the graphic content, and consistently goes over the standard running time, so it only makes sense to compare it with The Strain, The Bastard Executioner etc, that have similar traits. Plus, I don't know what show you're thinking of, but AHS has never had The Walking Dead's blockbuster-sized numbers, nor did they go balls to the walls with this seasons promo budget like Scream Queens or Freak Show. These numbers seem standard, and if it dips hugely, yes I would understand the panic, but until then it's on par (and doing a bit better than) season 2 - the season that got renewed and is considered the best.

I mean AHS has higher budget than any other FX show (correct me if I'm wrong) and ratings should be higher too. 3.2 is just about fine, but if ratings fall under 3M mark with next episode then Hotel is gonna be labeled as the most disappointing season and it will be hard to get viewers back

freebit

I mean AHS has higher budget than any other FX show (correct me if I'm wrong) and ratings should be higher too. 3.2 is just about fine, but if ratings fall under 3M mark with next episode then Hotel is gonna be labeled as the most disappointing season and it will be hard to get viewers back

No one knows what exactly the budget is, but it received about 9 million in tax credits just for filming in California this year, so imagine that helps. Two episodes of the The Bastard Executioner cost 10 million to make and it's ratings are much lower than AHS's, and I don't think anyone is talking about that show being cancelled. Considering that AHS is an anthology show, they could very well set it in someplace like the woods next year and have a low budget, so I really don't get the concern. 

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived