💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How do you feel about Gaga's peers not appreciating her work?

NONONONO

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sugarfall

I don't think anyone has to appreciate her, if they don't like her music. But they should obviously be respectful which is what Grace wasn't.

Riot Poof

lol what Tori and Björk said weren't even that bad lol. And I'm not just saying that because they're one of the few musicians I place above Gaga.

Also, Tori's quote is old as hell. It's not necessarily a hateful thing to question a new artist's longevity. I mean, some of y'all do it to Meghan Trainor. I'm also pretty sure you'd get a different response if she talked about her in 2015. The thing is... everyone was asked about Gaga in 2009/2010. Some didn't instantly kiss her ass. Deal with it.

IN ADDITION, this is what Björk said immediately after her quote, for you pressed souls and out-of-context stans.

Interviewer: There’s room for everything.

Björk: There is room for everything. Something that is quite common though, and I’ve noticed it even though things have changed a lot, is that there always seems to be room for a lot of male singers, and they don’t get asked to duel. You have Jay-Z and Kanye West being best mates. There’s always room for many male characters.”

Interviewer: Whereas women tend to be pitted against one another?

Björk: Yeah, still it’s like ‘Christina vs. Britney’. Why? I don’t want to be put in a position where I have to attack her. I thought it was really weird and unfair when M.I.A. and Joanna Newsom were asked about Gaga and then because they didn’t like her music, it was immediately big news online and they had to shoot each other down. It’s like the three new, most happening female pop girls, the same kind of age, and they had to shoot each other down! Guys are never asked to do that. It’s just ‘the more, the merrier’, you know?”?

Source:flower:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Chris Evans

-I wouldn't be surprised if Grace Jones was blatantly lying she's so pressed about everything + believes everyone's inspired by her

-When did David Bowie mention her?

-Bjork mightve changed ha mind after C2C :trollga:

-MIA really who cares

-as for the other ones Idontknowha.gif

Levine

How do I feel?

I feel a better person tbh, because I don't need to tear someone else down to be relevant or to make people talk about me.

Anyway, these are just 4-5 people in an OCEAN of people - LEGENDS - who praised her in these years. So no one should care. 

nikola

They can **** of

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

DiscoHeaven23

I  mean, these are all old. I think Gaga has more than proven herself to these people that were quick to judge. 

lxdygxga

With the good comes the bad. You have to recognize the overwhelming support from legends like Elton John, Cher, the Rolling Stones, U2, Brian May, Cyndi Lauper, Ozzy Osbourne - the list really goes on and on.

No act as controversial as Gaga will ever be universally praised, but considering the amount of legends that do endorse her, I think the praise she has received is more than enough.

Hauser

I don't lose sleep over their opinions. They are entitled to not find Gaga or her music enjoyable. 

What's little medonster's intention behind this thread?

To spread some negativity? 

X95rvBW.gif

Was 14 pages about Grace Jones mean comments not enough?

Why should we care about these few comments when many legends praised her? Especially those who actually met her and don't use her name out of bitterness or to promote themselves.

X95rvBW.gif

In short, no1 curr

X95rvBW.gif

FreePalestine

There are so many legends that have praised Gaga, that I can't worry about these few that don't care for her. :shrug:

We would need several pages if we posted all the praise from those in the music industry. 

The praise and positive comments FAR outweighs this small amount of bitterness and negativity! 

This

I live outside the space time continuum.

Wait! You are always talking about songwriting and you don't know who Tori Amos is? I'm genuinely shocked! 

I have my influences, but I genuinely don't know her besides her name.

Emigrante

There are only few. A lot of people did compliment her during past years, because of her talents, because of her work. And right now I feel the vibe that she is really relevant in pop industry, even if she underperformed with her last album. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived