Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Justin shades 1D (again): "It gives them promo"

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

Last week Justin Bieber made a joke on Snapchat many assumed was calling out One Direction for choosing the same Nov. 13 release date as his much anticipated fourth studio album, believed to be titled Purpose. Now it appears Bieber doubled down last week with some more serious commentary in a radio interview with New Zealand's Smash! The Edge on Thursday.

When asked about One Direction's Made in the A.M., Bieber had a theory for why they would choose the same date as him -- after he'd already called dibs. 

"They're not really going on the road much, but we're talking about them right now, so it gives them some promo, right?" he said. "So, that’s probably why they did it... I think it was strategy on their part because my release date was first."

Bieber was clear to make sure it wasn't getting to him, though, as he continued, "But whatever. It's whatever. It's going to be fun. I'm excited to see what happens."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6715578/justin-bieber-one-direction-release-date-extra-promo?utm_source=twitter

who will love me when the night is over

Spock

Not Thugstin thinking that they need promo when they're probably on their last tour, which comes on the heels of one of the most successful tours of all time, and it's their first album without Zayn and it was everywhere, they've been generating press all year :deadbanana:

Can't wait for him to get that #2

hot-milf.gif

Phoenix

I'm quite sure he is right about their choice of date, they did it to get more press/talk and attention for their album.

💎

Spock

He's right though if you think about it. :pumpkat:

I still prefer him and his music over 1D tbh.

But they thing is that Little Mix is releasing on Nov. 6 (they're in the same label) and Adele, who is part of their parent label, is releasing on Nov. 20. It was the only way the get them in before Black Friday and without going against people from their own label. I don't think it was that intentional

SychosSoChic

Ushers bottom boy fighting with a boyband that's only breaking up because Louis and Harry ended their 3 way relationship with Zayne  :spook:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

GypsyPrince

i'm here for the Beliebers and Directioners tearing each other up before realising that music is more than just a pretty face. 

PartySick

While I like Justin and his music more than 1D I think it's common sense that 1D would win any popularity contest over him :dies:

Especially now with all the drama circulating around them :ohno: Zayn, "taking a break", pushing Liam, their last tour...Justin, daddy, they don't need your promo :dies:

🖤

Archived