💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Reviews of AHS Hotel [Updated]

AgusPop

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

I can't wait to see Gaga in full dangerous diva mode. The vast majority of these reviews make me hopeful that her performance in the season (not necessarily episode 1) will be very special. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AgusPop

"who speaks little" 

Hopefully it's only in first episode. 

Its just the #1 episode and its better to not saturate the character

djBuffoon

Its just the #1 episode and its better to not saturate the character

This. James Cromwell won the Emmy for his performance in "Asylum", but the role didn't come into its own until the fourth or fifth episode.

A good villain requires groundwork first. You want to know what their capable of before you get to know them. 

Bad Monster Kid

NPR Review

http://www.npr.org/2015/10/06/446343825/american-horror-story-returns-with-twists-thrills-and-a-chilling-lady-gaga

Lady Gaga has replaced Jessica Lange this season as the central focus of American Horror Story. Her character, known simply as The Countess, is bloodthirsty in a literal sense as well as a figurative one. Her stylish ways with her victims, male and female, bring to mind Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger. 

For much of this year's opener, Lady Gaga glides through without speaking. She looks great, but says nothing, like the shimmering star of a silent horror film. She even watches one, by going to an outdoor movie in a cemetery, where hipster locals picnic near graves while watching Nosferatu. But when the Countess finally does speak, showing a young boy around some of the more hidden parts of her hotel, she makes quite a chilling impact.

Bad Monster Kid

Listen to the audio at the top of the npr.org review. You get to hear some of Gagas line. She's sounds so ****ing creepy. She's gonna deliver guys. I'm so hyped now. :air:

AgusPop

NPR Review

http://www.npr.org/2015/10/06/446343825/american-horror-story-returns-with-twists-thrills-and-a-chilling-lady-gaga

Lady Gaga has replaced Jessica Lange this season as the central focus of American Horror Story. Her character, known simply as The Countess, is bloodthirsty in a literal sense as well as a figurative one. Her stylish ways with her victims, male and female, bring to mind Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger. 

For much of this year's opener, Lady Gaga glides through without speaking. She looks great, but says nothing, like the shimmering star of a silent horror film. She even watches one, by going to an outdoor movie in a cemetery, where hipster locals picnic near graves while watching Nosferatu. But when the Countess finally does speak, showing a young boy around some of the more hidden parts of her hotel, she makes quite a chilling impact.

slay:legend::zilla:

AgusPop

This. James Cromwell won the Emmy for his performance in "Asylum", but the role didn't come into its own until the fourth or fifth episode.

A good villain requires groundwork first. You want to know what their capable of before you get to know them. 

exactly :yes:

djBuffoon

New York Times is mixed on the episode and (unfortunately) negative on Gaga.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/07/arts/television/review-american-horror-story-hotel-as-depraved-as-ever.html?_r=0

---

The phantasmagoric accouterments include Lady Gaga, the most notable addition to the cast, who appears halfway through the episode as a Joan Crawford-like predator called the Countess.

“American Horror Story” has always depended on its performers to give some flesh and feeling to its spindly armature of high design and old-movie pastiche, and “Hotel” suffers from the absence of Jessica Lange, who has left the series, and Lily Rabe, who is scheduled to appear in only a couple of episodes. In Ms. Lange’s absence, the role of malevolent den mother appears to have gone to Lady Gaga, and that’s a pretty steep drop-off.

---

And that's it. What pisses me off about this is that he doesn't even do her the courtesy of explaining why he didn't care for her performance. He's comparing her two scenes to Lange's entire AHS legacy, which suggests to me that he had his review written before he even watched.

AgusPop

And that's it. What pisses me off about this is that he doesn't even do her the courtesy of explaining why he didn't care for her performance. He's comparing her two scenes to Lange's entire AHS legacy, which suggests to me that he had his review written before he even watched.

a jesica fan. Just that. Biased = irrelevant

Bitter

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/07/arts/television/review-american-horror-story-hotel-as-depraved-as-ever.html?_r=0

---

The phantasmagoric accouterments include Lady Gaga, the most notable addition to the cast, who appears halfway through the episode as a Joan Crawford-like predator called the Countess.

“American Horror Story” has always depended on its performers to give some flesh and feeling to its spindly armature of high design and old-movie pastiche, and “Hotel” suffers from the absence of Jessica Lange, who has left the series, and Lily Rabe, who is scheduled to appear in only a couple of episodes. In Ms. Lange’s absence, the role of malevolent den mother appears to have gone to Lady Gaga, and that’s a pretty steep drop-off.

---

New York Times feel free to suck my d!ck.

Here, i said it :bye2:

giskardsb

I love how many reviews reference Gagas "star power" in one way or another.  Gaga has always had "IT", that magnetic charisma that entrances people and is impossible to teach. The X that X factor never actually finds. 

http://mobile.philly.com/entertainment/?wss=/philly/entertainment/television/&id=330785291&

Philadelphia Inquirer 

Good review for Gaga! 

"....features an unforgettable performance by Lady Gaga - at turns stunning and creepy, beautiful and grotesque - as a vampire countess who rules over an assortment of monstrous atrocities at a gorgeous art deco hotel in Los Angeles called the Hotel Cortez"

SLAY :applause:

Bad Monster Kid

---

---

It's really not fair to compare Gaga to Jessica. Jessica is one of the greatest actresses alive today and this is Gagas first major acting gig. Instead of making some snarky comment why not give at least one critique on her performance. 

(Considering his Joan Crawford comparison he's probably a Madge or Jessica Stan. :bye: Felicia.)

Archived