review

Reviews of AHS Hotel [Updated]

AgusPop

Featured Posts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asana15

...Lady Gaga, effectively stepping in for Jessica Lange, has gotten most of the early publicity for her extended acting debut. After an hour, it remains to be seen how Gaga will handle extended dialogue or emotional volatility, but she's initially just being asked to embody a visual conceit, which she does convincingly. She struts in high fashion with confidence, she does near-nudity without self-consciousness and she has a feral resemblance to Nosferatu star Max Schreck, which might seem accidental except that several characters attend a cemetery screening of the F.W. Murnau classic...

Harry

"Lady Gaga, effectively stepping in for Jessica Lange, has gotten most of the early publicity for her extended acting debut. After an hour, it remains to be seen how Gaga will handle extended dialogue or emotional volatility, but she's initially just being asked to embody a visual conceit, which she does convincingly. She struts in high fashion with confidence, she does near-nudity without self-consciousness and she has a feral resemblance to Nosferatu star Max Schreck, which might seem accidental except that several characters attend a cemetery screening of the F.W. Murnau classic"

This is good :) We knew she doesn't talk that much in episode one, so I guess it really just does set the foundation for her character. The Countess seems so mysterious... Wednesday can't come sooner.

lavenderblondee

I seriously am so ready for early thursday morning when I get to watch this. What a lovely birthday present this will be.Thanks Ryan, thanks Gagz, and thank you Jesus. :pray:

Katsuki Bakugo

I just hope she delivers to shut all of the haters up - honestly, the comments I read on Facebook posts about Jessica Lange not returning ..

are they the AHS equivalent of the Lil Monsters COME TO BRAZIL GAGA?

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

djBuffoon

FYI: Gaga got positive reviews from Variety and Newsday.

I'm a flop and don't know how to post reviews on my phone. :flop: 

Bad Monster Kid

Varietys review

http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/american-horror-story-hotel-review-lady-gaga-fx-series-1201610012/

Ryan Murphy has become a master of marketing through concept and casting, nowhere more so than in the “American Horror Story” franchise. Yet the latest edition of the FX series, subtitled “Hotel,” outdoes itself on that score by adding Lady Gaga to its high-profile repertory company, where the mantra seems to be, “The scenery’s free; eat all you can chew.” Gaga delivers only a few clipped lines of dialogue, but who cares? She’s gloriously photographed, in a venue where strands-of-hair placement are vital, plot scarcely matters, and sensual pleasures invariably go hand in hand with buckets of blood.

Archived