đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Reviews of AHS Hotel [Updated]

AgusPop

Featured Posts

scorpion

I definitely think she did a great job in the first half of the episode of being transient. What I want to see and her to be careful of is not over delivering or over acting her lines.  

Its a common pitfall for new actors to get caught in. Not being able to fully absorb the moment, and overpower their lines without giving context to the characters deeper levels , and exchanges.

We still have a lot to learn about her character , but overall Im beyond impressed.   Her presence alone is worthy enough. She identifies as a method actor... meaning she gets into character through various excercises or relation to her own life...it takes time become skilled and transient and reigning those experiences in.

I am not expecting her to become a pro overnight... acting is a very demanding craft, and she knows it. I am more importantly glad she understands that better than anyone as a theatre kid!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagadisiak

I definitely think she did a great job in the first half of the episode of being transient. What I want to see and her to be careful of is not over delivering or over acting her lines.  

Its a common pitfall for new actors to get caught in. Not being able to fully absorb the moment, and overpower their lines without giving context to the characters deeper levels , and exchanges.

We still have a lot to learn about her character , but overall Im beyond impressed.   Her presence alone is worthy enough. She identifies as a method actor... meaning she gets into character through various excercises or relation to her own life...it takes time become skilled and transient and reigning those experiences in.

I am not expecting her to become a pro overnight... acting is a very demanding craft, and she knows it. I am more importantly glad she understands that better than anyone as a theatre kid!

she's working with experimented actor , so of course it's much easier to see she's new in this department but she did a good job . 

OĂą est-tu ma Salope ?

freebit

Slate's blog gave her a great review: Lady Gaga Is the Best Thing About American Horror Story: Hotel

But Gaga’s performance as “The Countess”—a mysterious vamp exuding a striking sort of glamour that’s both old Hollywood and mod-art chic—is hardly a gimmick. In fact, as the unquestioned doyenne of the Hotel Cortez, Gaga feels like, if not the inspiration for the show’s whole premise, certainly Murphy’s muse in imagining how a haunted hotel might look.

Surprisingly Jezebel liked her too:

That last one is in the abode of Lady Gaga’s character, apparently some kind of crazy s-x vampire and, early guess, a type of immortal who acts as a conduit for the spirits in the building. She’s got a razor-sharp metal fingernail on her finger who she uses to punch in the jugulars of her victims, seduced by her beauty and power. She’s the best part of it so far—soft and feline and a natural actor, though I do find her bleached eyebrows distracting—and the fact that she’s both a musician and a dark spirit is emphasized by the music choices, which include Interpol and Bauhaus’s “Bela Lugosi’s Dead,” played as she puts on makeup, sniffs a line of coke, and apparently sets out to manipulate the hotel’s new owner, a famous New York designer looking to relocate somewhere more affordable and eclectic. (Is this show also about gentrification? Timely.)

AgusPop

The AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HOTEL Premiere was Disturbingly Delighful

the quirky singer shined as the Countess in the season premiere, serving up a performance that was equal parts chilling, alluring, and disturbing.

Gaga wasn’t the only one to turn in an impressive performance this week. Although Jessica Lange will be sorely missed this season, AHS alumni Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, and Denis O’Hare all excelled in their respective roles. Also, Wes Bentley, another returning cast member, was intriguing as John Lowe, a homicide detective with family issues and one of the hotel’s newest residents.

:party:

http://nerdist.com/the-american-horror-story-hotel-premiere-was-disturbingly-delighful/

Archived