review

61/100 American Horror Story Season 5 on Metacritic - 52% on RT

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

Here's how I see it: The Leftovers season 1 is some of the most unique, incredible television I've ever seen. That only got a 65 initially. Who knows what critics even look for?

Harry

Metacritic is only good for music. Their scores are always lower for TV and movies than RT. I think their weighting is very harsh.

And I swear I'm not just saying that because the RT score is higher :rip: I said it in the first few pages of this thread too, I think. Metacritic for albums, Rotten Tomatoes for TV/film.

Also Metacritic give more weight to certain critics but don't reveal that formula. As far as I know, Rotten Tomatoes don't do that and every critic's opinion is equal. So if one 'valued' critic for MC hated Hotel and gave it a 10 score, that could bring the whole score down. RT scores have a better representation of each and every review.

AddMeOnMYSPACE

Metacritic is only good for music. Their scores are always lower for TV and movies than RT. I think their weighting is very harsh.

And I swear I'm not just saying that because the RT score is higher :rip: I said it in the first few pages of this thread too, I think. Metacritic for albums, Rotten Tomatoes for TV/film.

Also Metacritic give more weight to certain critics but don't reveal that formula. As far as I know, Rotten Tomatoes don't do that and every critic's opinion is equal. So if one 'valued' critic for MC hated Hotel and gave it a 10 score, that could bring the whole score down. RT scores have a better representation of each and every review.

Metacritic Gave Inception a 74/100 :cry: 

Whispering

I never even knew that Metacritic reviewed TV and movies. I was surprised when I saw people keeping up with it here. Lol I always check Rotten Tomatoes before I rent or go see a movie and I check it out to see what TV shows I should possibly start watching. (During the summers, when new programming is over) 

All I really care about is that Gaga gets some positive reviews and recognition out of this whole thing. I'm not that concerned with the overall review or a few negative comments on Gaga. Almost no actor gets universal praise, so I'm definitely never expected that with an actor still in their beginning stages of acting!

I'm very happy so far with the positive reviews Gaga has been getting, that's really all I was looking for! 

Bette Davis

How are they supposed to rate a whole season based off of one episode? That's like rating an album off of its lead single :ghost:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

How are they supposed to rate a whole season based off of one episode? That's like rating an album off of its lead single :ghost:

It's so stupid :saladga:I just can't :saladga::koons:

Archived