Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG5: Critical or Commercial Success?

Harry

Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?

Featured Posts

bornthisway135

Honestly, to anyone who wishes she'd write a commercial album that receives sub-par scores is beyond me. I'd rather have any album of deep cuts than an album of singles any day!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commercial , cause sadly that's what matters in life 

it's like me saying i wish i'd have money over compliments and praise and being a liked/loved person 

at the end of the day you don't give a f about the critics, it's just somebody's opinion 

Sales (in terms of music) are factual , Gaga benefits way more from commercial success whether she cares about it or not. Heck even us fans benefit way more.

look at the benefits 

More sales=Higher Budget=More Singles+Bigger n Better n Longer Tour+High Budget Videos 

More sales=Radio led to believe it's popular so they overplay it=More acclaim= The Fanbase receives more acclaim and believe it or not we look cool, so socially we benefit whether you care or not (it's like being a Taylor Swift around this time) 

More sales=Gaga's confidence and our confidence is boosted whether we admit it or not , we might not even feel this or deny this but it happens without notice , Gaga has gotten cocky about her achievements sometimes let's not forget that but we all know she's music not the bling lol

More sales= Gaga's big again headlines= Everyone asking her to perform and come in for interviews= More live performances= Amazing promo= Even more sales= The cycle continues 

Whereas all critical acclaim is gonna get us is another Broke With Expensive Taste :green:

Besides we all know Gaga is top notch in terms of quality she should be giving critical acclaim look at The Fame and The Fame monster the reason they are iconic is due to having high critical and commercial success  also who would be dumb enough to make Gaga receive a metric score of 52 more like Gaga hatters if you ask me not professional crticts if such thing exists even lol. 

ctherainbow

Commercial success, please.  Judging from her track record, we know she'll put out a great album, and let's be real, even Born This Way didn't get a 90+ Metacritic score; does anyone look at the Metacritic scores of albums they're interested in anyway?  I know I decide if I want to buy albums by hearing a track from the album, and then going to YouTube or Spotify to listen to the rest of it and decide then.  So I'd rather her have some smash singles to draw attention to the album, rather than a high abstract score that caters to music snobs.  :shrug: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

giskardsb

Honestly, to anyone who wishes she'd write a commercial album that receives sub-par scores is beyond me. I'd rather have any album of deep cuts than an album of singles any day!

I wouldn't even be a hardcore Gaga fan if it was only about singles.   The singles mostly don't represent the best of her work.

giskardsb

More sales=Radio led to believe it's popular so they overplay it=More acclaim= The Fanbase receives more acclaim and believe it or not we look cool, so socially we benefit whether you care or not (it's like being a Taylor Swift around this time) 

More sales=Gaga's confidence and our confidence is boosted whether we admit it or not , we might not even feel this or deny this but it happens without notice , Gaga has gotten cocky about her achievements sometimes let's not forget that but we all know she's music not the bling lol

IMO 90% of all the negative things that happen among pop stan bases are because they are living vicariously through their "fav's" success.   IMO thats a huge reason why so many pop fans want their fav's to be successful, because somehow they feel better about themselves.   It's also why they tear down other artists because they feel elevated when others fail. 

To me it just shows immaturity and a lack of self.  If you are basing how "cool" you are based on a pop star something is seriously messed up.

Gaga wouldn't even be in the position she's in today if she had acted like most of the fanbase through her career. Much of the fan base is afraid of failure, change, and taking risk.   Thankfully Gaga isn't.

I want for Gaga what will make her the happiest, and I have my guess.  Gaga is an artist.  Her heart is not in her pocketbook, her heart is in her art. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

I will take any, either one or both. I only want for her to do well.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

IMO 90% of all the negative things that happen among pop stan bases are because they are living vicariously through their "fav's" success.   IMO thats a huge reason why so many pop fans want their fav's to be successful, because somehow they feel better about themselves.   It's also why they tear down other artists because they feel elevated when others fail. 

To me it just shows immaturity and a lack of self.  If you are basing how "cool" you are based on a pop star something is seriously messed up.

Gaga wouldn't even be in the position she's in today if she had acted like most of the fanbase through her career. Much of the fan base is afraid of failure, change, and taking risk.   Thankfully Gaga isn't.

Yes hun but i am calling it how it is, it's the truth i didn't say it was a happy one 

a fan is lying if they say their fav being successful doesn't make them happy , i'm not saying if there not it makes them look down on the artist or music obviously not 

and it is indeed beyond true that if your fav is on top , the fan base benefits now if you care about those benefits is up to you or not but they are there whether we like them or not whether we admit it or not , re-read my post i am literally not highlighting the importance of commercial success i'm highlighting the benefits/advantages/likely outcomes of commercial success. 

It's like saying money does not buy you happiness but you know what sometimes it does and deep down everyone know's it it's a fact kiss kiss 

how we think and what we say don't always reflect our actions and emotions as a fan base something i see in this fan base alot 

you guys be like we don't care about charts, sales, acclaim 

but get major meltdowns when something underperforms in your opinion (lack of self ? immaturity ?)

what type of Music Not The Bling thread did i get myself into :smh:

anyways

#BuyARTPOPOniTunes 

Gaga Medicine

I'm for critical acclaim but the idea that critically acclaimed albums automatically sell.. is bs :air: Check out the highest reviewed albums per year and you'll see that it's actually almost the reverse. The truth is that good albums don't need high sales to be talked about. Bad albums do.

in pop best selling just means better marketing and radio support.  Labels don't push the best music they push what they think will be most popular. There is a big difference there.  sometimes they correlate, but most often not.  Anybody thinking pop radio represents the best there is to offer has very limited musical experience.  Everyone clamoring for massive commercial success is just proving that the industry marketing machine works. 

Educate them all

tbh i'd rather see her have commercial success. she already has the acclaim with previous albums. plus, i'd love to have bop after bop (not that she doesn't serve bops already) with a video after video

edit: the votes tho 

tbh i'd rather see her have commercial success. she already has the acclaim with previous albums. plus, i'd love to have bop after bop (not that she doesn't serve bops already) with a video after video

edit: the votes tho 

Dahhling, slay!

bornthisway135

I wouldn't even be a hardcore Gaga fan if it was only about singles.   The singles mostly don't represent the best of her work.

Agreed! Electric Chapel, Monster, I Like It Rough, and Venus are all just :queenga:

I don't how is possible for a fan wishing for a critical success BUT FREE FALL on BB rather than commercial success.

I'm here for a critical success but absolutely not if the album BOMBS! Do you have any idea what would happen in her career with another flop?

Considering that for many of you ARTPOP deserved at least an 80, I don't know how and why you are still clinging to the critics' balls. 

Archived