Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP wasn't revolutionary or risky

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

BEFORE YOU JUMP ON ME: 

I LOVE ARTPOP and think it's a great album. I am not bashing the album or Gaga in any way.

Ok, so I was listening to Born This Way earlier today and it struck me just how different it is from everything else released during 2011. There are plenty of songs that some might call "experimental" for a Pop star, the theme was happy but handled in a dark way, which I loved. The album revolved around controversy (Judas, etc.). Some of the songs make you THINK. They have lyrics you could interpret in different way. Overall, I think it's her best work to date.

Then we have ARTPOP which was marketed as revolutionary from the very start. Even though I think the songs are great and I love the album... there's nothing revolutionary or risky about the album. It sounds like a solid pop album but it doesn't have that THING that an album like BTW has. There's a lot of EDM and it's nice. I'd say Swine, Venus, and Mary Jane Holland  are the songs from the album that are different from what everyone else was doing. When I listen to ARTPOP I enjoy it but the "wow" factor is lacking. For this reason I struggled to decide back in 2013 whether I liked BTW or ARTPOP more. Over time ARTPOP has lost its effect on me although I still love it. The emotional toll Gaga suffered through that album also gives me a bad vibe. 

DWUW is one of my favorite Gaga singles so I thank ARTPOP for that. 

I hope LG5 has that special factor that made BTW the album of the decade (:derpga:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GloZell Green

Oh my lord don't discuss the same topic we've had over 100 times on here :saladga:Don't open the can of worms we got closed :hor:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Morphine Prince

Oh my lord don't discuss the same topic we've had over 100 times on here :saladga:

It's under the opinion tag and this is how I'm feeling at the moment so people will have to deal. 

Brainiac

I agree. When ARTPOP first came out I was convinced it was my new favorite Gaga album. As time has gone on however, and I've listened to Born This Way again I have to say that it remains my favorite Gaga album. It just has something special.

mariomania1234

Born This Way is definitely her best album to date. The best pop album of the 2010's so far IMO. ARTPOP seemed more like a greatest hits album with new music if that makes any sense. :rip: Like a mashup of all her albums in one.

Still a fantastic pop album regardless, and one that a lot of people would kill to have in their discography. I know I would.

SissyFromSpace

No offense but just the song 'ARTPOP' ****s on gagas whole discography relentlessly 

f9k3GRL.gif

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Bleachella

No offense but just the song 'ARTPOP' ****s on gagas whole discography relentlessly 

Praying for you f9k3GRL.gif

Anyways, I completely agree. I've been listening to ARTPOP some more, and while I have come to appreciate it more than I have before, on some tracks it definitely lacks that "WOW!" that Born This Way and The Fame/Monster had. 

Warholian

This is such a boring topic. Haven't we had this discussion 500 times already just in the past month?

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Angel Baby

i think every track on ARTPOP is amazing and each one has something special ! except "Jewels and Drugs" but no one is perfect.:laughga:

Daddy's Lil Monster ???

Its for those who can comprehend it, Its highly intellectual. We as in you give ARTPOP the meaning we choose it to be by the life we live, its our story through her vision. If that makes any sense. "We could belong together" meaning i give you my music you take it and give your life meaning through it. Its beautiful that she followed her artistic expression for us, she martyr herself as if she were jesus for us. She gave us what we needed not what we wanted it was the right choice.

"I thought i was destroyed inside im just ready to fight" ARTPOP

Morphine Prince

Not when Scheiße exists. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived