Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

On This Day in Music History...(Sept 25)

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

-Green Day release their ninth studio album ‘Uno!', the first of three from a series to be released that year. The album debuts at #2, but fails to have any other significant commercial success. 

-Mumford & Sons release their second studio album ‘Babel’. The album features the #12 hit “I Will Wait” and went on to sell over 2.7 million copies in the US.

tumblr_mk7d02HEOg1rwnim2o1_500.gif

-No Doubt release their first album in 11 years, ‘Push and Shove’. The album peaks at #3 and, despite being one of my favorite albums, received mixed reviews and poor commercial performance. Their first single “Settle Down” did reach #34 on the Hot 100.

tumblr_maxhpfP2iy1qcrz0no1_500.gif

-Andy Williams dies of cancer at age 84. He had 8 top ten hits from 1956 to 197l. He is known to some as the Christmas King having made 6 Christmas albums.

-Foo Fighters release their sixth album ‘Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace’. The album features their third biggest hit “The Pretender”, which peaks at #37. 

-will.i.am releases his third studio album ‘Songs About Girls’. Nobody noticed. Too busy watching Fergie to care. The album proves that Fergie IS The Black Eyed Peas. 
Seriously though, the album peaked at #38.

tumblr_inline_mt2ullSb5w1qg9z8j.gif

-XM Satellite Radio is launched.

-Kylie Mingue releases her seventh studio album ‘Light Years’. While the album didn’t have success in the US (Im led to believe it wasn’t even released in the US), it is known for one of Kylie’s biggest songs “Spinning Around”, which hit #1 in Australia and the UK (one of three songs in her discography to do so. “Can’t Get You Out of My Head” and “Slow” are the others.)

tumblr_m3wjz7u4sd1qdnki4o1_500.gif

-INXS release their seventh studio album ‘X’ (Ed Sheeran and Chris Brown stole!). The album sells 2 million copies in the US and produces two top 10 hits, “Suicide Blonde” (#9) and “Disappear” (#8). 

-Hall & Oats release their tenth album ‘Private Eyes’ featuring three top ten songs; “Private Eyes” (#1), “I Can’t Go for That” (#1), and “Did It in a Minute” (#9).

private-eyes-o.gif

-The Village People release their third studio album ‘Cruising’ featuring the iconic gay anthem, “Y.M.C.A”, which peaked at #2.

ymca-o.gif

-The band “U2” is formed, initially called “Feedback”.

heavyMetalGAGA

I love No Doubt's "Settle Down"!!! It was such a chill summer song in 2012 and made me appreciate Gwen even more than I already did. She's one of our coolest pop stars. Like if more girls acted and dressed like Gwen Stefani, the world would be much better. :) 

RebeldeFaith

-will.i.am releases his third studio album ‘Songs About Girls’.

Nobody noticed.

Too busy watching Fergie to care. The album proves that Fergie IS The Black Eyed Peas. 

Seriously though, the album peaked at #38.

HELP. :air:

I see no lies tho. :koons:

Something something idk

LoveandMagic

I love these music facts! Keep them coming! :kissga:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived