💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Musicals Appreciation Thread

BitcherelIa

Featured Posts

BitcherelIa

What are your favorite musicals?

What are your favorite songs from musicals?

My personal favorite is Gene Wilder's interpretation of Pure Imagination:

And maybe my favorite musical is Wicked, but I love The Wizard of Oz as well... and well I love all of them.

BitcherelIa

les miserables yass

I still have to see that one, my only knowledge is of Susan Boyle singing I Dreamed a Dream and that it's about miserable people? 

2902337_1343185142019.84res_453_338.jpg

Warholian

One of the greatest scenes of all time from one of the greatest musicals of all time. 

Und zis

AND THIS 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

I still have to see that one, my only knowledge is of Susan Boyle singing I Dreamed a Dream and that it's about miserable people? 

this iconic song was birthed from it

☠

kevinthesheep

if Priscilla Queen of the Desert comes to your town, GO.... it was the most incredible musical i've ever been to. the movie was good, but it was nothing compared to the musical.

also, I'm not sure if it is still running, but Dusty Springfield the musical was amazing, i love her music so much.

also i'm a slut for andrew lloyd webber, a lot of people hate him but i'm obsessed with phantom of the opera, love some of the music from cats, joseph and the technicolour dreamcoat etc. 

jason robert brown also has good music.

edit: omg howcould i forget about sweeney todd :air:

BitcherelIa

if Priscilla Queen of the Desert comes to your town, GO.... it was the most incredible musical i've ever been to. the movie was good, but it was nothing compared to the musical.

also, I'm not sure if it is still running, but Dusty Springfield the musical was amazing, i love her music so much.

also i'm a slut for andrew lloyd webber, a lot of people hate him but i'm obsessed with phantom of the opera, love some of the music from cats, joseph and the technicolour dreamcoat etc. 

jason robert brown also has good music.

Do you know why people hate him? I love Andrew Lloyd Webber.

BitcherelIa

One of the greatest scenes of all time from one of the greatest musicals of all time. 

Und zis

AND THIS 

That last one moved me.

kevinthesheep

Do you know why people hate him? I love Andrew Lloyd Webber.

not necessarily everyone hates him, but i guess he's considered kind of 'basic' to some pretentious musical lovers.. i've also heard people say that he copies some of his melodies from other composers? but i'm not sure how much truth there is to this.. i don't care i love his music too :lolly:

Warholian

That last one moved me.

If you haven't seen it watch the whole film. It's incredible. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

BitcherelIa

not necessarily everyone hates him, but i guess he's considered kind of 'basic' to some pretentious musical lovers.. i've also heard people say that he copies some of his melodies from other composers? but i'm not sure how much truth there is to this.. i don't care i love his music too :lolly:

Is he really basic though? I feel like it's just the same people that think they know everything yet forget the most important thing in showbiz is that the crowd loves it... I love Webber I think he's a genius and his simplicity is both sophisticated and interesting yet magical, the point to make for me is that I hate it when people bash the taste of others out of ill-will and pride, it's not about taste but about being a b---h to those people, I think.

kevinthesheep

Is he really basic though? I feel like it's just the same people that think they know everything yet forget the most important thing in showbiz is that the crowd loves it... I love Webber I think he's a genius and his simplicity is both sophisticated and interesting yet magical, the point to make for me is that I hate it when people bash the taste of others out of ill-will and pride, it's not about taste but about being a b---h to those people, I think.

totally agree

Archived