Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Do you think Gaga will be as good as Jessica Lange?

Bradley

Featured Posts

No, and I really don't think we should be setting our hopes that high. Gaga could well put in an amazing performance, but Jessica had decades of experience behind her before AHS. This is Gaga's very first role. Obviously some actors blow up in their first role and receive huge acclaim, but it's a rarity.

I don't think she will be as good as Jessica, but I still think she'll be great.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

It wouldn't be the first time that an untested actor has come out of nowhere and wowed me. Seen it happen many times. And I'm assuming that she is working with a coach to hone her dialogue, which is the smart thing to do. Speaking personally, to this day, I don't do a single play without working on it with someone first.

But just looking over Gaga's videography, the amount of moods and emotions she is able to access and make the viewer feel, just through her body and face alone... she has the facility and emotional awareness that acting requires. I watched the iTunes concert recently and was stunned at how she could be a maniac (Aura), psychedelic hippy (ARTPOP), s-x kitten (Sex Dreams) and full-out rocker chick (Swine). She embodied each "type" so well, that I still can't believe they're all the same person.

To answer your question: I think she will be amazing. Will she be asked to cover the range of emotions that was asked of Lange? Who knows. But I would not be surprised if she turns in an Emmy-worthy performance.

Such nice words for her. :sara: She'd be so happy to read this.

I have no doubt that she will be amazing. But as good as jessica lange? Thats gonna be hard.. She was the first actress that really wowed me *~*

Nope. 

AwKWp8F.gif

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

No, it's kinda like asking if Jessica could sing the Oscars Sound of Music Medley as good as Gaga. Jessica's been acting for decades and is considered one of the best actresses of her generation while Gaga has only done occasional acting in relatively small roles. 

But I remember Gaga getting really good reviews when she hosted SNL, which I think has been her biggest acting performance until AHS, so hopefully she will be able to the step up to the plate. I have to admit I'm a little anxious to see her acting, but it really seems like they are building the role around her and making it very visual, which I think will suit her well.

I doubt it, Jessica has had a lot more experience and a very successful and long career and Gaga is only just starting out.  

But that doesn't mean Gaga can't be great, and being new into acting and a very creative person might bring something new and original that a seasoned pro like Jessica might not have thought of.

And let's not forget how well written this part seems for Gaga, which will definitely help :legend: 

Bad Monster Kid

No. Jessica has been doing this for decades and is an acclaimed seasoned actress. Don't set your expectations this high. Gaga will be good but she's not gonna be Jessica good. 

Mister Gaga

No :rip: and if you think she will your setting yourself up for disappointment.

Gaga will be fine, but shes no Jessica Lange.
Lange is an absolute expert at her craft, which is built upon years and years of experience. Gaga has never done any major acting roles.

:applause: My exact words

DrewStevens

I don't think so, but that doesn't mean she is going to be bad. Jessica Lange has been an actress for decades and Gaga has only acted a few times. 

She could be better than Jessica in Freakshow tho. That's her worst performance ever.

I hope so, but Jessica Lange is a very talented actress and I am not setting my standard on Gaga in that way, of competing with Jessica Lange, but you never know. Gaga could really make her mark with this certain role, she could become a cult actress from it and it could become a major time in her legacy. I hope for the best.

Jessica Lange was brilliant in so many of her movie roles, especially.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Whispering

Gaga was in her rookie stage of singing during The Fame and look what she'd accomplished.

Also even if she's still in her rookie stage of acting, she's been in showbiz for seven years. It's like how Gaga earned a Grammy award for her first jazz record, something which no one expected.

But Gaga had been playing piano for what?...15 or so years? She also had been singing and performing for a decade. It's not like the year she put out The Fame was the first year she had ever played an instrument, written a song, or performed a song. She had been building up to that moment for most of her life.

Jazz is still singing and performing....something she has been doing for twenty years now.

This is Gaga's first major acting role. You can't expect her to be like a veteran actor...one that has been serious about acting for over four decades! 

Archived