Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift starts human rights conversation in China

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Pop-sensation Taylor Swift’s planned appearance in China this November has the communist regime’s censors in a tizzy for a little known reason.

Swift’s clothing line, much of which bears the iconic “T.S. 1989″ after her initials and year of birth, have government bureaucrats taking notice and human rights organizers excited, according to David Talbot of the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation.

In a speech to The Hero Roundtable in Brighton, Michigan, Saturday Talbot, said “T.S. 1989″ is being interpreted by both activists and officials as a veiled reference to the events in Tiananmen Square, Beijing in 1989, in which government troops massacred hundreds of pro-democracy protesters.

Under the Chinese communist regime, any reference to the Tiananmen Square massacre is strictly banned. Even attempting to research the event online can result in imprisonment, according to Talbot.

Talbot suggested that while it is unlikely Swift had a subversive message in mind when she designed her swag line, her merchandise is quickly becoming a symbol of criticism against the current regime. 

“This story is developing,” Talbot added. “We don’t really know what is going to happen.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/21/why-taylor-swifts-planned-appearance-in-china-has-left-the-communist-government-in-a-tizzy/

Influential Queen of starting a dialogue and impacting human rights :applause: 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

How is "T.S. 1989" iconic, exactly? 

It's the only text on the album cover, except the deluxe version having "DLX" too

Taylor_Swift_-_1989.png

RainingOnMe

She's trying to distract us from knowing her agenda by talking about human rights in China? I doubt she knows anything about that. :coffee:

GloZell Green

I can't :saladga: The delusion is real. Their own government caused it, why are they complaining. I may not know much about China, but I can't believe their not allowed to buy a harmless shirt. Are they also going to imprison everyone who was born in 1989?

Lady Gaga | Shakira

She's trying to distract us from knowing her agenda by talking about human rights in China? I doubt she knows anything about that. :coffee:

She's not going to China to talk about human rights :sweat: It's just the "T.S. 1989" on her clothing line has been misunderstood as a reference to an event that occurred in China :dies: 

FRANK1991

Not this again!

These people are so obsessed they see anything and accuse it so randomly omg :saladga:

in Taiwan we call this "got shot even when laying down" :cryga:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Morphine Prince

The poor Chinese fans who are searching where to buy the clothing online being thrown behind bars :giveup: 

She doesn't even have to take them to court :giveup: 

They basically ask to be thrown into jail :giveup: 

Her impact is real :giveup: 

RainingOnMe

She's not going to China to talk about human rights :sweat: It's just the "T.S. 1989" on her clothing line has been misunderstood as a reference to an event that occurred in China :dies: 

Omg @ myself :toofunny: 

:deadbanana:

Kulture Kiari

She doesn't even have to take them to court :giveup: 

They basically ask to be thrown into jail :giveup: 

Her impact is real :giveup: 

OMGGGG NNNN :sharon:

Archived