💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

On This Day in Music History...(Madonna and Fergie Events)

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Here's today's music history.

Travis Barker (Blink-182) and Adam Goldstein (DJ AM) survive plane crash that kills 4. Goldstein dies one year later from d--g overdose. 

42472189.jpg

Fergie releases her first solo album “The Dutchess” in the United States (It was first released in Japan on the 13th), spawning five top 5 hits and three #1’s. The album has sold 3.9 million copies in the US.

tumblr_inline_n9vw9t5sOu1s2m5gd.gif

Madonna releases her 8th studio album “Music” in the US (it was released a day earlier in the UK), the album creates two top 10 hits “Music” (#1) and “Don’t Tell Me (#4). To date, the album has sold almost 3 million copies in the US.

3AWTF9.gif

Kylie Minogue releases her 5th album “Kylie Minogue”. While the album wasn’t popular in the US, its lead single “Confide in Me” is the only Kylie Minogue song in the 90’s to chart on the Dance/Club chart. The song reached #39.

tumblr_mrfrllTyzG1s79vpoo3_400.gif

Lenny Kravitz releases his debut album “Let Love Rule”. The album’s title track reached #89 on the Billboard hot 100.

New Kids On the Block release their Christmas album “Merry, Merry Christmas”, which featured the #7 hit “This One’s for the Children”. The album is doubled certified platinum.

Bon Jovi releases their 4th studio album “New Jersey”, which earned five top 10 hits, two of which were #1 (Bad Medicine and I’ll Be There for You). The album has sold more than 7 million copies in the US.

LoveandMagic

Interesting. Shame for Kylie, yay for Madonna and Fergie. I forgot about that plane crash. I'm glad Travis and Adam were okay (though shame about Adam later).

I didn't know New Kids on the Block had a Christmas album, but they were before my time. Funny, I saw them at some New Years Eve show with the Backstreet Boys years ago and they looked (and sounded) really good (I think they were all in their forties?) and ran circles around BSB (who we thought looked and sounded like sh*t). I found that interested.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Riot Poof

YAS @ Kylie and Madonna releasing some of my favorite albums from them.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived