Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Disney to remake Mary Poppins

Spock

Featured Posts

What’s old is new yet again at the Walt Disney Company. The film unit has been busy with reboots of classic characters, and now comes word of a 21st century Mary Poppins. The company is adding a spoonful of sugar to a new live-action musical from Into The Woods director Rob Marshall, set two decades after the classic Disney film starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke that won five Oscars.

The new Mary Poppins will mine P.L. Travers’ half-century-plus worth of books about the magical English nanny. Tunesmiths Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman are set to whip up original songs for the pic, complementing David Magee’s screenplay.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/new-mary-poppins-disney-rob-marshall-1201526563/

It certainly is an amazing team, but is nothing sacred anymore? :awkney:

who will love me when the night is over

TimisaMonster

Oh no...going to ruin a classic with overly enhanced CGI scenes....bad singing...and a totally witched out Mary Poppins just because

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

The Child

No. Don't touch it.

yezkNkV.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

It's not actually a remake, it's a sequel. Mary Poppins is part of a series of books. Mary Travers, the author, never let them make another movie based on the books in her lifetime.

On a Walt Disney World forum I follow, someone (not me) suggested they cast Lady Gaga in the role of Mary. A member responded with "I think I'm gonna puke" and yet another member (also not me) clocked the fool by saying and I quote:

"Missed her Sound of Music performance? She's actually the only singer I can think of who can come close to Andrews' vocal range. It's doubtful she'd be cast but it wouldn't be unwarranted. She just did a tour with Tony Bennett, America's musical grandpa. She's hardly making anyone clutch their pearls nowadays. Like I said, unlikely but not unwarranted. Unless they find some magical unknown, no one is going to have the "feel" of Julie Andrews." 

Lady Gaga, queen of infiltrating Disney theme park fan sites :giveup::legend:

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

I used to always cringe at Disney movies getting re-made, but at the end of the day there's really nothing wrong with it lol. My nephews still watch original movies, but some might prefer newer ones.

I'd love Emily Blunt to play Mary Poppins tbh.

Let's face it, Mary Poppins is kinda forgotten, which is a shame because the books are really good I loved reading them back in the day. It's good that they remake this and remind people of how great she is.

tumblr_lz1q1qRhR71qaxxgt.gif

You can remake this movie but you can't replace the magic it has given the viewers over many years.

Mars..........or bust!

RAMROD

I will hold my opinion until the castings are announced.

But really though, Disney's really need to do another

traditional hand drawn animation rather than remaking classics

or making it into live actions.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

CatelynnMarie

On a Walt Disney World forum I follow, someone (not me) suggested they cast Lady Gaga in the role of Mary. A member responded with "I think I'm gonna puke" and yet another member (also not me) clocked the fool by saying and I quote:

"Missed her Sound of Music performance? She's actually the only singer I can think of who can come close to Andrews' vocal range. It's doubtful she'd be cast but it wouldn't be unwarranted. She just did a tour with Tony Bennett, America's musical grandpa. She's hardly making anyone clutch their pearls nowadays. Like I said, unlikely but not unwarranted. Unless they find some magical unknown, no one is going to have the "feel" of Julie Andrews." 

Lady Gaga, queen of infiltrating Disney theme park fan sites :giveup::legend:

If you're talking about DIS Boards, I'm kind of shocked about the second comment. I always seem to run into such rude people on there. 

Archived