Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG5 vs KP4

Creyk

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth

Isn't Lady Gaga a bigger name than Perry? :sharon: Gaga was coming from the BTW which had 1 #1 ,4 top 10s,sold x3 more than Prism and a big tour when ARTPOP happened

Born This Way has sold like 2 million more copies than PRISM, and it's because it came out two years before. PRISM only had 2 #1 hits, but those two were more successful and impactful than Born This Way's singles, except maybe for Born This Way the song. 

I would say that the year when Gaga was bigger than Katy was 2009. In 2010 and 2011 they were equal. And in 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2014, Katy was bigger than Gaga.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaneybaby

Gaga. The world is super behind everything she does lately and i feel people are kind of tired of katy. I think her next era will be much less successful for her. 

Fiona Apple

Born This Way has sold like 2 million more copies than PRISM, and it's because it came out two years before. PRISM only had 2 #1 hits, but those two were more successful and impactful than Born This Way's singles, except maybe for Born This Way the song. 

I would say that the year when Gaga was bigger than Katy was 2009. In 2010 and 2011 they were equal. And in 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2014, Katy was bigger than Gaga.

Born This Way did NOT sell 5,5m :awkney: Btw Katy Perry's singles were both really successful but impactful in what way?  :fail: Gaga was bigger than Katy in 2009,2010,2011,2012 imo... In 2011-2012 Katy had a lot of hits but couldn't even make a big tour...In 2010 btw Gaga was huge and Katy was just a popstar..She wasn't even that big then

I don't think that you are objective..Just my opinion

Gaga. The world is super behind everything she does lately and i feel people are kind of tired of katy. I think her next era will be much less successful for her. 

i understand why you would say that but honestly, I think people on GGD are underestimating Katy.

She damn well knows the usual bubble-gum pop formula doesn't work anymore, and she is going to reinvent herself! I think she has many surprises for us and she is a lot more intelligent than many people give her credit for. She will not screw this up.

Please. Katy has only been bigger than Gaga in the past two years. Gaga was bigger than Katy from 2008-2012. Born This Way remains to be one of the most influential pop albums in the past decade, so what if it has only sold 2 million copies more than PRISM? PRISM still fails to have the impact Gaga had from The Fame Monster to Born This Way. If Gaga hadn't came along Katy wouldn't even be making the videos, performances, etc. that she makes now so let's not talk about who was bigger from 2008-2012 because you will lose

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Whispering

An album that is released in Q1 (which is traditionally the slowest time of the year for album sales) will typically sell less than the same album if it was released in Q4. That alone, would be a huge disadvantage.

No one knows when these two are releasing their albums, anyway. My guess is that they will both be releasing in Q4. 

Please. Katy has only been bigger than Gaga in the past two years. Gaga was bigger than Katy from 2008-2012. Born This Way remains to be one of the most influential pop albums in the past decade, so what if it has only sold 2 million copies more than PRISM? PRISM still fails to have the impact Gaga had from The Fame Monster to Born This Way. If Gaga hadn't came along Katy wouldn't even be making the videos, performances, etc. that she makes now so let's not talk about who was bigger from 2008-2012 because you will lose

roar had quite the impact actually....and DH popularized trap music

Riot Poof

I can't say unless we know what directions the two albums are going in.

Also, lemme remind some of y'all that every big pop star has at least one bad era. Katy's not going to be commercially successful forever. There will be a time when Katy's no longer on top. This could happen next year or in 10 years, but it'll happen. So far, I don't see a bad era for Katy on the horizon, but we'll never know.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

I can't say unless we know what directions the two albums are going in.

Also, lemme remind some of y'all that every big pop star has at least one bad era. Katy's not going to be commercially successful forever. There will be a time when Katy's no longer on top. This could happen next year or in 10 years, but it'll happen. So far, I don't see a bad era for Katy on the horizon, but we'll never know.

If Taylor never had a failing era I don't see why Katy would have to have one....

shaneybaby

i understand why you would say that but honestly, I think people on GGD are underestimating Katy.

She damn well knows the usual bubble-gum pop formula doesn't work anymore, and she is going to reinvent herself! I think she has many surprises for us and she is a lot more intelligent than many people give her credit for. She will not screw this up.

I do not mean this in any mean way whatsoever, but I would never use intelligent to describe her. Listening to her talk in interviews and reading things she says, she doesn't seem intelligent to me. I think she has a great team of people guiding her, but if she had more control she would not be quite so successful. She is smart for letting people take the reigns I guess. I think she will fight to have a little more control this time around and it won't go as well for her. Just my opinion. 

Lady Gaga is an example of an intelligent girl, which is partially why I really like her. She's extremely smart and knows what she's talking about. 

Katy might be smarter than Demi tho after that "favorite dish" thing lmao so funny 

It all depends on how their music fits in with the sound of current radio. I wish it weren't that way though. I just want good music. 

We're all Stronger Together!

Bleachella

Isn't Lady Gaga a bigger name than Perry? :sharon: Gaga was coming from the BTW which had 1 #1 ,4 top 10s,sold x3 more than Prism and a big tour when ARTPOP happened

Yes but, Katy didn't have the 'Gaga is fat', 'Gaga is Gay', 'Gaga cancels tour (which wasn't her fault, but still caused some backlash)' backlash :rip: At the moment, Katy is a bigger name than Gaga. 

Swan Heart

Naah, not here for that mess again, darlings.

Bye.

tumblr_nuoqpa16Co1ufqm4co2_400.gif

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Archived