Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Dutchess Turns 9 Today!

Cody Draco

The Dutchess Turns 9 Today!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite single from The Dutchess?

• London Bridge
    • Fergalicious
    • Glamourous
    • Big Girls Don't Cry
    • Clumsy
    • Here I Come
    • Finally

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

220px-The_Dutchess.png

The Dutchess is the debut studio album by American recording artist Fergie. It was released on September 13, 2006, by A&M Records and the will.i.am Music Group as her first solo album since the break from her band The Black Eyed Peas. The album was recorded between The Black Eyed Peas' tour in 2005, and the songs were written throughout the last 8 years that preceded its release. While developing the album, Fergie wanted to create an autobiographical album that would be more intimate between her and the listener. By doing so, the album experiments with different music genres, including hip-hop, reggae, punk-rock, pop, soul and more. Lyrically, The Dutchess has themes about love and critics, while also dealing with her d--g abuse and addiction.

Upon its release, The Dutchess received mixed reviews from music critics, with many praising its production, calling it one of the most eclectic and adventurous albums of 2006, but some criticized the album's lyrical content and believed the material was not strong for her voice. It became a commercial success, reaching number 2 on the US Billboard 200 and spending 94 weeks inside the chart, while also topping the Australian Albums Charts and becoming a worldwide success, reaching platinum status in over eight countries. It sold almost 4 million copies in the United States and over 8 million copies worldwide.

The album produced 5 top five singles in the United States, including three number-one hits on the Billboard Hot 100, "London Bridge", "Big Girls Don't Cry", and "Glamorous", as well as the number two single "Fergalicious" and the number five single "Clumsy". All five of the aforementioned singles have sold over two million digital downloads each in the United States, thus setting a new record in the digital era for the most multi-platinum singles from one album.[3] Fergie held this record until 2012, when Katy Perry achieved six multi-platinum singles with her album Teenage Dream (2010).[4]

tumblr_mg4stzbJ8L1qbu4f8o1_500.gif

And I still listen to this great album! :party:

Love that record! And can't believe it's been 9 years since I met her. She was the best, so friendly and open.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Omg how has it been 9 years :giveup: I remember listening to Fergalicious on repeat when I first had an MP3 player, it was my sister's old one and she gave it to me and I just had her songs to listen to because I had no idea how to add songs myself :laughga: Then Glamorous came out and I was hooked on that too, and same with Big Girls Don't Cry :flutter: 

I'm not sure what my favourite single is really, the 3 mentioned above are my favourites and I was addicted to them all at different stages and I can easily listen to them now as well :party: I haven't actually got the album, I only have Voodoo Doll and Here I Come for some reason, but I'm gonna go buy the album now on iTunes :music: 

Fiona Apple

YAS I STAN FOR THIS ALBUM TILL THIS DAY

it's actually the original Teenage Dream and 1989 

1989 couldn't be more different than Teenage Dream and The Dutchess :air:

1989 couldn't be more different than Teenage Dream and The Dutchess :air:

You did not get it

Since The Dutchess till now there has only been two other albums where 5 singles all become top 10 hits on the Billboard chart

The Dutchess: London Bridge (#1) , Fergalicious (#2), Glamorous (#1), Big Girls Don't Cry (#1) , Clumsy (#5)

Teenage Dream: California Girls , Teenage Dream, Firework, E.T, Last Friday Night (all #1) 

1989: Shake It Off (#1), Blank Page (#1), Style (#6), Bad Blood (#1), Wildest Dreams (might hit top 10 next entry currently at #15 and even if it does not we all know New Romantics will when it gets it's single release)

Fiona Apple

You did not get it

Since The Dutchess till now there has only been two other albums where 5 singles all become top 10 hits on the Billboard chart

The Dutchess: London Bridge (#1) , Fergalicious (#2), Glamorous (#1), Big Girls Don't Cry (#1) , Clumsy (#5)

Teenage Dream: California Girls , Teenage Dream, Firework, E.T, Last Friday Night (all #1) 

1989: Shake It Off (#1), Blank Page (#1), Style (#6), Bad Blood (#1), Wildest Dreams (might hit top 10 next entry currently at #15 and even if it does not we all know New Romantics will when it gets it's single release)

Ah I thought you were talking about the sound of the albumss

omg i remember used to sit behind our shared windows XP computer, watching Fergalicious for the first time when i was 10... I ended up dancing to it so much that my dad had no other choice to assume i had gay blood running to my veins

I remember listening to Fergalicious on my mp3 player :flutter: Glamorous is definitely my favourite single, closely followed by Big Girls Don't Cry. This album is legendary. My 2006 queen :legend:

Archived