Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Hyped for Gaga's look ; Let down by the show's direction

Azor Ahai

Featured Posts

DrewStevens

The trailers are never scary. The one for Murder House was just all the characters walking inside of different rooms and the one for Asylum had all the characters lying in hospital beds.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vertigostick

The trailers are never scary. The one for Murder House was just all the characters walking inside of different rooms and the one for Asylum had all the characters lying in hospital beds.

EXACTLY!

The creator of this topic is heavily mis-informed...

Whiskey Mouth

i'm sorry, but i just can't help but laugh at this.

the trailer was JUST released and there are already complaints. we haven't even seen a full episode! :bye:

Murphy has already said season 1 fans will enjoy this season as it's going back to elements of horror like season 1. This has been said in the thread already but AHS trailers/teasers always have very little to do with the actual storyline. I'm not suggesting talk it up for yourself because you'll set yourself up for disappointment for high expectations, but don't talk it down so much before you even see it either because you'll have your mind made up before it airs and probably not enjoy it.

TimisaMonster

How much more sadistic does it need to get? :what:

She's a vampire that's a s-x addict and kills people and feeds off of them...there are demons running around the hotel terrorizing people...and the overall tone of the series is just that...Satanic imagery and spiritism...

:awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Azor Ahai

I love reading these replies now but fast-forward in 5 months when they hype is to hate it , everyone will make threads like this one...

I have quite little interest in the show and don't have big expectations, but it's like a month away from airing. There's not much to be disappointed in yet.

Were you scared by the trailer? Did it give you horror movie vibes? 

The trailer is supposed to represent the series and it's definetely not "scary".

TV trailers are for hype, especially non-network productions like FX.  You're thinking of this as a movie trailer, like its supposed to give away the plot & give you a jump scare. You're honestly all worked up over a promo-video :lmao:

Purr more, hiss less.

Warholian

Gaga's going to be killing people, making a dress out of their meat, and feeding their blood to her kidnapped children, all the while there's a serial killer throughout the show playing on the fear of house intrusion. Even Ryan Murphy said this season was more severe than Asylum, and that had nazi doctors mutilating innocent patients and cutting off their legs while the protagonist was trapped in a serial killer's dungeon. 

If you judged Asylum on the trailer alone you'd probably be saying similar things. Just let the show play out and we'll see. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

I never expected actual horror. I mean, it's America. Hannibal by NBC did actual horror and look how it ended up, cancelled even though it's an amazing show.

In my opinion, thriller is fine. Let it be disturbing and dark ala Teen Wolf but with the obvious differences & better direction.

I'm a huge fan of NBC's Hannibal and I was so let down that it was cancelled. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, imagine if this season had cinematography to match Hannibal. I've yet to see a show on television yet to even match the aesthetics of that show.

3 points in and ready for more

Kulture Kiari

Are you seriously basing your judgement on a trailer thats not even three minutes long? :awkney: 

Mostly all AHS trailers just show what places and which actors will be in the show, not themes or if it's going to be dark or humorous. 

vertigostick

I love reading these replies now but fast-forward in 5 months when they hype is to hate it , everyone will make threads like this one...

You truly are a very positive person, it's amazing lol

:fail:

darkchylde

I'm a huge fan of NBC's Hannibal and I was so let down that it was cancelled. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, imagine if this season had cinematography to match Hannibal. I've yet to see a show on television yet to even match the aesthetics of that show.

I don't think I'll ever see something like that either. They put so much effort on every scene...

Archived