💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why does the media always group Britney with Madonna when...

Jesse Pinkman

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

Britney is WAY more Janet. I will never understand the Madonna comparisons...

Britney always looked up to Janet, and they have so many more similarities as far as image, choreography, and even music is concerned.

Also, songs like 'I'm a Slave For You' are obviously Janet inspired.

Britney has coverered Janet songs before and always praised her, but the media always compared her to the next Madonna...?

http://janethq.janetmedia.com/albums/Uploads/Photoshoots/AFYShoot1/normal_AFYShoot1_(3).jpg

152492.jpg

This is just one of MANY Janet inspired shoots, Brit has done.. I couldn't get Janets to embedd though...

There's even a thread on Exhale about this: http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/topic/458348-britney-spears-a-white-janet-jackson-clone-disguised-as-madonna/#entry8627594 

Anyway where did those Madonna comparisons come from. It doesn't make sense. :confused: 

It's science, bitch

Katsuki Bakugo

Because she's white. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

They're both white I guess. :shrug:

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

TimisaMonster

Everyone compares every white pop girl to Madonna... 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Lady Palutena

Everyone compares every white pop girl to Madonna... 

True

But even when Selena (Quintanilla, not Gomez) was alive they compared her to Madonna until she said she didn't like being called the "Mexican Madonna" :smh:

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Jesse Pinkman

No offence but Janet is a little too irrelevant to be mentioned.

Maybe if you were born in 2005.

Janet was massive for a good amount of years.

It's science, bitch

Bradley

Maybe if you were born in 2006.

I was born in 97. But seriously, when was her last big moment? Let me just reiterate that I have nothing against her and no offence to anyone :neyde:

TimisaMonster

True

But even when Selena (Quintanilla, not Gomez) was alive they compared her to Madonna until she said she didn't like being called the "Mexican Madonna" :smh:

Well sadly Madonna AND media perpetuate the idea that EVERYONE in music is inspired by or blatantly copying her career and image...

She has monopolized pop music and anyone that dares enter the genre...

The older pop generations are usually jealous and insecure by the younger generation taking their place and/or doing things better 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Jesse Pinkman

I was born in 97. But seriously, when was her last big moment? Let me just reiterate that I have nothing against her and no offence to anyone :neyde:

Well I don't mean in present day...

I mean during Britneys reign she was always grouped with Madonna.

Janet didnt completely fall off  until the late 00s.

And it really shouldn't matter when she was last relevant. The media knows of Janet and her massive influence.

It's science, bitch

DrewStevens

She was pretty big during the late 80's and the 90's. She definitely influenced many pop divas (Britney, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, J Lo, and more).

Because she allies with her.

And they were both more dancers than singers.

And that when Britney started her career,

there were practically zero competition, 

because in pop, the labels were doing more boy bands.

She changed that map, and makes label think that

solo female vocalist is profitable too.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Phoenix

she was inspiration to many, even madonna herself

💎

Because Madonna took her under her wings. Britney even attended Kabbalah for a while.
Madonna was featured on Me agaisnt the Music, and of course the famous kiss. 

Archived