💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why all the Jewels 'N' Drugs hate?!

kiwifromvenus

Featured Posts

kiwifromvenus

The instrumental is great but that's about it. I personally find it scathingly bad as it sounds like a parody of rap as it tries to tick every recent "hit" rap cliché, to the point the song really isn't saying anything. Filler.

Its almost the point though

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just felt out of place on ARTPOP. 

I would like it if she released it separately. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

kiwifromvenus

horrible song and it has nothing to do with the album

giphy.gif

It just felt out of place on ARTPOP. 

I would like it if she released it separately. 

How does it not fit in with the album? 

:trollga:

When i listen to a Gaga song, i want to hear her voice. JnD is filled with not one but three useless rappers and the whole song is try hard. I blame DJ Flop Shadow for this abortion.

kiwifromvenus

When i listen to a Gaga song, i want to hear her voice. JnD is filled with not one but three useless rappers and the whole song is try hard. I blame DJ Flop Shadow for this abortion.

I don't know who DJ Flop Shadow is but I know DJ White Shadow is pretty good. Esp Ratchet and OK on his own EP and everything he did for ARTPOP was :queenga:

How does it not fit in with the album? 

:trollga:

because the sound is completely different from the first 4 songs (which flow perfectly with each other) and i t breaks everything like i dont even want to continue listening to the album when j&d comes on (that's why its in the recycle bin for months now) 

and im a fan of rap/urban so 

kiwifromvenus

because the sound is completely different from the first 4 songs (which flow perfectly with each other) and i t breaks everything like i dont even want to continue listening to the album when j&d comes on (that's why its in the trash can for months now) 

and im a fan of rap/urban so 

I think it does fit Sexxx Dreams and then MANiCURE. 

Its after Sexxx Dreams you've had too much to drink and then JnD is like the crazy nonsense shenanigans in between and MANiCURE is before you go out kind of a bit together, like the way you pull yourself together after being too drunk but knowing you need to be somewhere.

Party a--logies aside, the way Sexxx Dreams ends and then JnD starts with that cough sound and violin sound almost like its a group of people making it at a party. It fits in with the Sexxx Dreams bridge and sound wise it gets you pumped for MANiCURE. 

But fair enough, you shant be swayed.

Maybe you need some pancakes?  

I don't know who DJ Flop Shadow is but I know DJ White Shadow is pretty good. Esp Ratchet and OK on his own EP and everything he did for ARTPOP was :queenga:

DJ Flop Shadow is the guy who thought it would be a good idea to put 3 rappers on a Lady Gaga song while she is relegated in the back playing the hook girl on her own song.

kiwifromvenus

DJ Flop Shadow is the guy who thought it would be a good idea to put 3 rappers on a Lady Gaga song while she is relegated in the back playing the hook girl on her own song.

But when other singers do this its okay?

I think her part stands out even more for me. 

Riot Poof

I love "Jewels N' Drugs." :giveup:

But tbh I abandoned the official version for the fan remix with Iggy, Nicki, and Ke$ha. I think there should've been women rappers on the track instead of men rappers.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived