Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Tove Lo talks nipple flash and current pop stars in NOTION Magazine

Paper Gangsta

Featured Posts

Paper Gangsta

file.jpg

Tove Lo's habit of flashing her audience is not just some publicity stunt, though there was some part of it that was meant to mess with people a bit. 

The Swedish singer-songwriter is one of Notion magazine's five new cover stars for its 70th issue told the U.K. magazine, "I've been getting a lot of questions, especially in America, about why I've started flashing the audience at my shows and people are wondering if it's just to get more publicity and it's not that. I did it to mess with people a bit I guess. Then all these people started saying 'it's good that you're standing up for things and that you're a feminist, but it gets a little too much'. Why? Because I care about something? Should I just be like 'no I won't have any feelings?' That's the thing, when you get too commercial people just want you to be this happy creature with no emotions or not care about anything that's important."

Lo continued, noting how when photos of the video shoot for her new single "Timebomb" were released, she said, "everyone started covering up my nipples and calling me a *****. I can show my nipples if I ****ing want to! Why is a woman's body so s-xualised all the time? It should be my choice."

The "Habits" singer also talked about the current generation of pop stars. She said, "I think there's this one breed of pop star who are performers, not artists. The dream is never to be famous. It's not about that at all. It's about being able to play your music and do your shows. It's all about getting those feelings out because there's so much going on in your head and your heart. But there are these performers who just want commercial success -- that's everything to them -- but success to them is only when you're happy and beautiful and everything is going up, up, up. I think that artists who are not just performers can get mixed up with the ones that are only about the success. They live in a very controlled and protective bubble and it's all 'what would this do to my brand?'"

As for some of her inspiration, Lo discussed how she grew up in "a very posh environment, where everything's supposed to be fine and it's like a competition of having a nice life and not being depressed or sad or anything." She said she had a lot of dark thoughts as a kid, but her family never talked about "the bad stuff."

She said her music "is all about admitting you're destructive and that being okay. That was a big thing for me. But all the trouble I got in was caused by me. It was never my parents. It was always me looking for something else I guess."

Paper Gangsta

God I love her so much. I need new music now please. :lolly: 

she is rereleasing QOTC with new cover on October 1st. Not sure if there will be new songs

Dominic

she is rereleasing QOTC with new cover on October 1st. Not sure if there will be new songs

:giveup: thank you. I hope she releases a couple new songs. I heard she was planning a new single but I haven't heard anything since. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Paper Gangsta

:giveup: thank you. I hope she releases a couple new songs. I heard she was planning a new single but I haven't heard anything since. 

Well Timebomb and Moments flopped hard so idk now. Not surprising since she picked the least single worthy tracks

Dominic

Well Timebomb and Moments flopped hard so idk now. Not surprising since she picked the least single worthy tracks

True, although I thought Timebomb was a good choice for a single.  She could have released Thousand Miles and Not on Drugs really and gotten a decent chart position. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Paper Gangsta

True, although I thought Timebomb was a good choice for a single.  She could have released Thousand Miles and Not on Drugs really and gotten a decent chart position. 

This

I love her, but I don't think showing your nipples is the best way to support feminism :laughga:  It's funny as a part of the show but is it neccessary? Does it really help the bigger problems? I really don't care if someone wants to show their boobs/other body parts but seriously, what's the actual point? :duck:
Edit: Love that cover tbh :sis:

Archived