💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Iron Maiden vocalist praises Gaga wanting to be the next, talks Madonna...

NewYorkCity

Featured Posts

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AgusPop

Yasss Stan Iron!

nmyKMFR.gif

Another legend and counting: :sara:

Rolling Stone
U2
Queen
Kiss
Iron Maiden
Sir Elton John
Tony Bennett
Bruce Sprinting
Quincy Jones
Celine Dion
Cher
Sting
Yoko Ono
Diane Warren
Julie Andrews
Christopher Plummer
Barbra Streisand
Paul McCartney
Debbie Harry
Pet Shop Boys
Brian May
Boy George
Barry Manilow
Bono
Liza Minnelli
Nancy Sinatra
Alice Cooper
Judas Priest

I disagree.

He hasn't been attacking other users directly like others have done with him but he is not contributing to the discussion in a positive way. 

He implied that some people's opinions are based of illusions they created about Gaga. He totally discredited Gaga for her C2C Grammy. He said that she hasn't change anything in music which is arguable and subjective but discredits her anyway.

He even said that he was going to keep arguing until the other user faced his falsity. That's not arguing, that's just discrediting someone's point of view. He also said that any human being with a rational thought process would see through her ingenuine attempt to distance herself from the Madonna comparisons. 

He may be arguing better than some crazy stans but he is not just voicing his opinion. He is also putting others down while arguing.

not contributing to the discussion in a positive way. 

-The rules of this site allow such thing as long as it's a constructed, well thought out post.

He implied that some people's opinions are based of illusions they created about Gaga.

-Because they are, once again, topics such as cultural and musical impact are based on facts and not opinions. I've provided a sensible argument based on factual evidence that debunks whatever that GloZell member was assuming.

He totally discredited Gaga for her C2C Grammy.

-I just noted the mere dullness of bragging about Gaga's C2C accolades and paying no mind to Tony's contribution when the 17 times Grammy winner Jazz legend is the biggest factor that lead to those results. 

He said that she hasn't change anything in music which is arguable and subjective but discredits her anyway.

-That is not subjective, and I gave each one I addressed the opportunity to base his sayings on factual, established and logical points yet no one seemed to do that. 

He even said that he was going to keep arguing until the other user faced his falsity.

-I claimed him to be wrong, which is totally fine to do vice versa, but the only difference is that my posts carry a certain substance as opposed to an emotionally fueled fan refusing to accept any handed information in his way.

He also said that any human being with a rational thought process would see through her ingenuine attempt to distance herself from the Madonna comparisons.

-That was in no way shape or form intended to be a jab at whoever I said that to, it's a commonly used phrase / pattern in sentences and way of speaking. 

What I would like to address is how you went out of your way to a--lyze my posts as personal jabs when they were direct replies to a straightforward, off topic comment such as : 

- Laughing emojis 

- "Stay pressed"

- "This is bull****"

- "Tragic"

- "Go to MadonnaNation and leave Gagadaily".

If anything, I should be respected for replying in such a calm and civil manner.

I disagree with this statement. I know I jumped in late but Gaga has had the same impact as Madonna if not greater. Gaga is a very versatile artist and musician and I probably couldn't think of one pop girl who could match that. Gaga is able to move people in the direction she wants musically and politically meaning what Gaga does people will follow or listen. Like when people thought Gaga "is over" and the DWUW video leaked it was the most talked about thing in the media and news within just 30 seconds. Her impact in pop culture is phenomenal and the generations have changed so Madonna cannot stay "queen of pop" forever. I however do believe within the next 20-30 years there will be a new one.

Yikes. I guess that's an opinion too...? well guess what, opinions are not sacred : you're wrong. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_Madonna

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_influenced_by_Madonna

Skip to the Legacy section : 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_(entertainer)

Provide me with actual proof of Gaga's impact and I will consider comparing it to Madonna's, until then, you have yet to say anything of substance.

FameHookah

Yikes the mess in this thread :awkney:

Let me say this: If you really and honestly believe that Gaga had no long-lasting major impact on the pop music industry and pop culture, you really need to get your eyes checked. Her personality has been literally exploited as a marketing schtick by basically 90% of her contemporaries to the point of everybody being sick of her and sick of seeing "weirdness" celebrated. Get on that.

yeah, just look at miley's latest eras lmao

WTF is MDNA

NewYorkCity

Wikipedia pages can say what they want, I will still listen to what real music legends have to say about her :whitney: And this words from Bruce Dickinson (such as the ones pronouced by other legends like Tony Bennett, Elthon John, Sting, Kiss, Cher, U2, Alice Cooper, Rob Halford... just to name a few) are giving me life :legend: 

Gaga is legendary and all those legends consider her the best of pop, that's what really matters at the end! 

SEVDALIZA

Might I just point out that I keep seeing a whole lot of names being dropped but no actual solid examples of Gaga's so-called legacy.

giphy.gif

operating from another world

Stop with the Madonna comparisons like now. This article is about the praise that a LIVING LEGEND gave to her. If you want to talk about the Madonna "shade" go to her main thread and start the discussion

nHfktuE.jpg

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Wikipedia pages can say what they want, I will still listen to what real music legends have to say about her :whitney: And this words from Bruce Dickinson (such as the ones pronouced by other legends like Tony Bennett, Elthon John, Sting, Kiss, Cher, U2, Alice Cooper, Rob Halford... just to name a few) are giving me life :legend: 

Gaga is legendary and all those legends consider her the best of pop, that's what really matters at the end! 

So her legacy is "the pop star that was praised by other artists?". Good to know. :yes:

Not every pop girl singer must want to be Madonna to succeed, this is a great nod to Gaga and I am thrilled for her. I also like how he added the "being" of The Madonna or of an Iron Maiden, like in the actual being of the two. Clever~

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Stop with the Madonna comparisons like now. This article is about the praise that a LIVING LEGEND gave to her. If you want to talk about the Madonna "shade" go to her main thread and start the discussion

nHfktuE.jpg

The thread's content includes Madonna, therefor we discuss Madonna. Simple!

The thread's content includes Madonna, therefor we discuss Madonna. Simple!

No! It includes Madonna as the QUOTE from Gaga included her, it's secondary, or maybe tertiary. It's becoming annoying how you guys change and change your first comments (Madonna's bigger stamina than the other "pop stars") to one another. Please stand by your first comments!

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

No! It includes Madonna as the QUOTE from Gaga included her, it's secondary, or maybe tertiary. It's becoming annoying how you guys change and change your first comments (Madonna's bigger stamina than the other "pop stars") to one another. Please stand by your first comments!

I still stand by my first comment though, did I ever back down? let me know. 

GloZell Green

Anddddddd it's unlocked! :awesome: 

zqwmFLd.gif

Hoping that everyone's refreshed and happier and ready to totally follow forum rules and keep all criticism constructive and not insult/bash/be rude/do other bad stuff. If not then WP will most likely be given out more harshly because volatility isn't a good thing in threads so let's not make it go down that route and if it does then yeah it'll just be locked outright :koons: 

So don't...so don't :music: 

The situation got worse, I'd think the best is to lock this forever. The thread just became a place for people to fish for an argument :saladga:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Archived