Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Who's Core Audience Is Older, Katy's or Taylor's

DiscoHeaven23

Who's Core Audience is Older, Katy's or Taylor's  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Core Audience is Older, Katy's or Taylor's

• Katy Perry (Hello! Peacock wasn't written for children.)
    • Taylor Swift (umm, how would kids relate to all those love songs?)

Featured Posts

This never gets old. :air: 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Whispering

Taylor's is older. She's been around for a decade. The junior high girls she started out with have stayed with her and now they are in their early to mid twenties. Aldo, country fans are extremely loyal, so they have been with her for a decade now. She has a nice balance of younger and older fans. 

Swan Heart

Noooo.. :toofunny::smh::toofunny: I'm dead. 

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

gagzus

I think Taylor at the moment, however, Katy is trying to appeal to a younger audience because remember what that interscope "insider" (which was obviously Troy and is better self) said about appealing to the younger audience. Which annoys me that the industry don't think we're young when most of us are 16-20 like...

Taylor Swifts music appeals to all ages.

Katy Perry is only liked by 11 year olds and a few ATRL/Twitter gays. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Katy's relevance and appearances at the Kid's Choice Awards is more telling than anything 

ijaqh6XIwYuHj.gif

:trollga: Did you lie? Nope! 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

MonsterOfSpain

It's obviously Katy's, she had a really young audience but now most of her younger fans have moved to Taylor.

Remember guys, Katy's hit singles got huge airplay, not just on pop, but on Hot AC plus decent on AC. Those formats are for older listeners.

If her  demo was 12 year olds, she'd struggle with airplay like Bieber and some Disney stars. Because her music would too many 18+ year olds turn the dial.

TimisaMonster

I think their audiences are about the same age.

Balancing your point, I'd argue a catchy pop tune transcends generations but lyrics that are stuck in high school about boyfriends are a huge turn-off to many mature listeners.

Plus, Katy has Wide Awake, Taylor has We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.:flop:

True...I don't think now that one age group is older than the other...they cater to a much younger audience...

Katy AND Taylor sing about the most childish topics and their overall appearance and persona is child friendly...not mature like others in the industry

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

LoveandMagic

I think it's pretty even. I think the vast majority of their fans range from 13 - 22, but their moms are probably fans as well (I know my mom is!), I think they have enough variety in their songs to give all the party anthems, sweet ballads, and bubblegum bops that the teens and tweens crave. Nothing wrong with any of that of course, in fact it's pretty smart from a marketing viewpoint because I think teens and tweens can make up the most loyal fans (more readily made stans), and are a heavily consumer driven demographic. Plus in this age range they are going through many awkward phases in life where they often need someone to identify with, maybe idolize like an older sister, but who also shares similar interests (boys, parties, break ups, having fun with friends). I think both Taylor and Katy can give them someone to look up too.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

ARTPOPisaChoice

I think Katy's are definitely younger, simply because starting getting stans around 2009, while Taylor has had them since 2006. Her fans have simply had more time to age. 

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Archived