Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can we talk about how she chose MJH over BN?

Saint Laurent

Which do you prefer?/Which should have been on ARTPOP?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?/Which should have been on ARTPOP?

• Mary Jane Holland
    • Brooklyn Nights

Featured Posts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Mary Jane Holland fits the sound, theme, and lyrics better on ARTPOP...

Having BN, Dope, and Gypsy back to back would be too much :saladga:

Even tho BN isn't a bad song...It's not better than MJH and really Madeon wouldn't have had much input on ARTPOP besides Gypsy and semi help with Venus...overall nothing

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

FameHookah

BN is awful stop overrating it, MJH is the core and one of the few true ARTPOP songs on the album (it was mainly inspired by d--gs)

WTF is MDNA

Elizabeth

MJH is an amazing song. BN is good but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the album imo. I think MJH is perfect on the album where it is and I'm so happy it's there rather than BN. 

Brooklyn Nights is a good song- heartbreaking and sentimental, but MJH fit more, themtically.

Also, MJH's lyrics are a lot more in-depth and odd, like the rest of the album.

3 points in and ready for more

TheOriginalOne

BN is awful stop overrating it, MJH is the core and one of the few true ARTPOP songs on the album (it was mainly inspired by d--gs)

tumblr_moxot8qtHr1ss0us2o1_250.gif

aaronyoji

brooklyn nights isnt that great.... aside from the bridge/outro, its just so girly and amateur sounding in context with how much stronger and developed gaga's sound was at the time. that'd be like putting summerboy on her next record :eek: 

kiwifromvenus

They should have kept both and kicked out J&D

Ahhhh no. J&D is friggin amazing! The beat alone. "This family is stupid attractive" - I don't know why this song gets so much hate.

It always reminds me of how I don't want to be in boxes.

Bad Bromance

Mary Jane Holland is epic, though!  I love Brooklyn Nights but it would honestly sound out of place on ARTPOP.  If you ask me, the vibe I get from BN fits more with the sound of the Born This Way album.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

shaneybaby

BN is significantly better, but sounds more BTW than ARTPOP. MJH fits ARTPOP better, but I def don't like it half as much as BN. 

I don't like to boast, but MJH is one of the best songs on Artistic Revolution Through the Potential Of Pop :) 

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't need eyes to see

freebit

She chose well. BN's sounded a bit meh. Like the lyrics are fine, but it's like there's something missing in the overall chorus or melody. Plus the production we heard sounded odd, like it came from the mid-00s or something. I can see why she wanted to keep it and work on it some more.

Archived