Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can we talk about how she chose MJH over BN?

Saint Laurent

Which do you prefer?/Which should have been on ARTPOP?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?/Which should have been on ARTPOP?

• Mary Jane Holland
    • Brooklyn Nights

Featured Posts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FameHungry

Brooklyn Nights felt more like a bridge between Born This Way and ARTPOP, and should really have been on the former, if anything - as much as I love it. Mary Jane Holland not only helps to tell ARTPOP's story far better, but it's also the better song.

Brooklyn Nights could have been a huge hit though, in my opinion. So it's swings and roundabouts.

Exactly. It's like a transition song, from era to era. It's an amazing song but tbh it doesn't fit in any album.

I prefer MJH over BN. BN sounds like it's missing something, almost like it's anticlimactic. Also the lyrics to MJH are far more interesting than those of BN. She made the right choice. 

However, it was nice to have the BN leak as a lil ARTPOP bonus.

ARTPOP would be PERFECT if she replaced Dope with Brooklyn Nights... i love Dope but BN is much better and u can dance on BN

I agree with this. Dope brings down the energy levels drastically each time I listen to ARTPOP. Dope is a genuine ballad; but in an album packed with bangers, Dope seemed like the typical obligatory ballad.

Schwerk

I really can't stand Brooklyn Nights, to me it sounds kinda childish and monotonous. 

Mary Jane Holland has a refreshing subject matter and a raw sound. It  might have suited BTW better than ARTPOP (just like BN) but I think it's the perfect transition to Dope. Plus, it's an anthem about my city and describes a very important chapter in her life. It gives the album a bit more depth.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Darcklighter22

MJH is more fitting on ARTPOP.

This plus BN (unless the final sounds different) is just not all that good...and usually i'm one to try and find some good in all her songs even the ones I don't like as much.

Archived