💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey - "Honeymoon" album discussion

Desperado

Which song from Honeymoon are you most excited about?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Which song from Honeymoon are you most excited about?

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's predicted to open with 125 K but Drake might screw her over and snatch the #1 spot from her

whoa whoa whoa is Drake dropping a surprise album or something?

Just ordered Born To Die, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon on vinyl. This is what student loans are for, take my coins Lana! :lolly:

FrozenKookie

I fell asleep while listening to it because me lacking sleep but really funny when I woke up when Salvatore came on. Truly an exceptional song.

iTunes #1s -

Album: Honeymoon
#1 United States
#1 United Kingdom
#1 Australia
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Canada
#1 Colombia
#1 Costa Rica
#1 Cyprus
#1 Czech Republic
#1 Egypt
#1 Estonia
#1 Finland
#1 Germany
#1 Greece
#1 Hungary
#1 Ireland
#1 Israel
#1 Lithuania
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Malaysia
#1 Malta
#1 Mexico
#1 New Zealand
#1 Norway
#1 Poland
#1 Qatar
#1 Romania
#1 Russia
#1 Singapore
#1 Slovakia
#1 Sweden
#1 Tajikistan
#1 Turkey
#1 Ukraine
#1 United Arab Emirates

RISE HONEYMOON, RISE :pray:

can people stop talking about this tired album, its trending every fkn time on a gaga fansite

who is this? 

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

The title track is REALLY underrated.

Dreaming away your life, dreaming away your life..

tumblr_mbsesqzd7A1r6viiyo1_500.gif

agreed

its has a haunting feeling to it

StrawberryBlond

Love it, even more amazing in places than I envisaged. I don't think Terrence Loves You will ever completely grow on me (but that bridge slays) and Art Deco is on the same level, although I have the feeling that a few more listens will solidify it and Lana's music does have a habit of growing on me like nothing on earth. Religion has grown on me more so it's a sign that the others might too. But everything else is simply stunning. Honeymoon, God Knows I Tried, Freak, Salvatore, The Blackest Day, 24 and Swan Song especially are the absolute gems of the album. I especially love Freak because there's a bit that I can relate to (ever find it weird when someone seems to see inside your personal fantasies through song? ;)) and God Knows I Tried...this is the first Lana song that seems written for me. It was like looking right into my head. And I really didn't expect that. I was nearly crying at that "light up my life, let there be light" bit. Would request to have it played at my funeral but even I think it's even a little too dark for that. I sometimes think not everyone sees the real me but God knows what really goes on in my head due to my prayers and all the inner struggles that no one knows about. Overall, the album is quite different from Ultraviolence and captures more of Born To Die. I loved the jazz and middle Eastern influences and at this rate, she might even experiment with other sounds next time.

The downsides are that the album is a bit long and some of the songs outstay their welcome slightly. As awesome as they are, I feel that they are stretched out a little bit too much. 4 songs over the 5 minute mark and only one song under 4 minutes long is too much. But other than that, there isn't much to criticise. I just wish the lyrics would be available as I really need them with Lana's music considering her habit of slurring words like a drunken sailor! It'll probably take well over a week until they're allowed to be used in lyric videos.

PopThatArt

:hunty:Is her music that good though? What song would you recommend someone like me who doesn't know her music to listen to first? 

Go see A Star is Born

:hunty:Is her music that good though? What song would you recommend someone like me who doesn't know her music to listen to first? 

you should probably start with her 1st album "Born To die" because it's the easiest to digest for newcomers :laughga: start of with the title track Born to die, Radio, This is what makes us girls and Video Games to get some short insight in what she's all about

Desperado

you should probably start with her 1st album "Born To die" because it's the easiest to digest for newcomers :laughga: start of with the title track Born to die, Radio, This is what makes us girls and Video Games to get some short insight in what she's all about

then paradise, then maybe AKA and her unreleased songs, then UV, and then HM (even tho you can listen to some from honeymoon, like Freak, Art Deco and High By The Beach which are pretty light songs, Religion and Salvatore too) 

Archived