Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wildest Dreams MV accused of being RACIST.

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

SissyFromSpace

There it goes. Taylor's downfall has finally began! Even if the article is reaching, there's no denying that the media backlash against Taylor has started. It started a while ago, but this is definitely the proof that it has picked up. Media has already started criticizing Taylor and the things she does. It might seem like nothing and sound like just a little backlash, but that is how it always starts. It first starts like it's no big deal, but eventually it gets worse. Much more worse is on the way for Taylor. By her next era, she'll be the punching bag who the media and general public always pick on. The overexposure that she got and continues to get will cost her career and image (as if it hasn't yet). 

Tay's downfall is coming. Her stans TRIED coming for Katy.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Literally you can't do anything these days cause there is alway someone accusing you of either being racist or appropriationg culture, it's ridiculous

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

DiscoHeaven23

People will always find something to b*tch about. This is just ridiculous. It's a look back at a different time. And that's how things were (not saying it was right). And surely it's not the focus of the music video, the focus is the love story. Historically, this video is very accurate. are we supposed to be editing our past to make it PC for right now? No. 

Not when ARTPOP is $5 on Amazon.

#justiceforbionic

#justicforartpop

#bionicandartpopbuyingparty2k15 :sis: 

#𝟏 𝐁𝐢𝐎𝐍𝐢𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

tea spiller

There it goes. Taylor's downfall has finally began! Even if the article is reaching, there's no denying that the media backlash against Taylor has started. It started a while ago, but this is definitely the proof that it has picked up. Media has already started criticizing Taylor and the things she does. It might seem like nothing and sound like just a little backlash, but that is how it always starts. It first starts like it's no big deal, but eventually it gets worse. Much more worse is on for Taylor. By her next era, she'll be the punching bag who the media and general public always pick on. The overexposure that she got and continues to get will cost her career and image (as if it hasn't yet).  

so if we change "Taylor" to "Gaga" your essentially saying that all the overexposure gaga got during TFM/BTW has cost gaga her career and image. please. people still thirst for gags (look at the VMA ratings when se attends)

idk i think what I'm trying to say is that Taylor is growing as an artist and that its stupid to consider this as "the end of her career and image"  :reductive2:

Whispering

Get some originality, honey. If you think you sound clever by just copying and pasting what I said, you're gravely mistaking. 

Were Birthday and This Is How We Do even treated like they were singles? Give me a break. 

Both singles were sent to all radio formats that they remotely qualified for, and both had lyric videos and mvs and were played out the ass for the amount they were actually selling. Radio stations pushed both those singles hard...harder than any other songs that fail to stay in the top ten like those two did. Both songs were treated fully like singles.

You were projecting your fears over Katy's next era. You know that she is overexposed and was falling down with media and the GP during her last era. It will end up costing Katy her career, as she is so overexposed that people are sick of her. The media and GP are sick of her and will be coming for her during the next era. 

Whispering

I think you're really underestimating what Katy can do musically and artistically. Oh well. There's nothing I can do about it. Haters will continue to be blind, ignorant, and delusional. 

Nah, I'm perfectly aware of her subpar music abilities and mediocre vocal capabilities. 

TiphEret

This is not racist because it's white people in Africa. Nor because it has this safari backdrop.

It is just making look like colonialism by westerners is a "good time" we can be nostalgic about.  Do people here realize the consequences colonialism have still nowadays ?  It's not romantic,  it's not glamorous and it harmed a lot of people so of all the places Taylor Swift and her team could have picked for that generic fairytale I find it of very bad taste especially with the current issues with POC in her own country.  Plus how is Africa or it's culture serving the plot ?

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom

SlaeUrAnus

this thread :lmao:   whats good yall 

and this reaching wont break tayor :toofunny:  

I went to bed and woke up to messes not even related to the thread :smh:

In my messy era.

Beyond stupid. This video is not racist at all. So because a white artist films a video in Africa, they have to include a black person somewhere in their video? Wrong. People are really reaching this time. It is becoming more and more clear that the people who constantly pull the race card, are actually the real racists with hatred in their heart. This video is a love story with a beautiful backdrop. End of story. 

Barbados

Lmao everyone is reaching in this thread

I have not seen something like this pointed out for a while.... Stop giving us the "everything is offensive in 2015" BS.

The article raises a very valid point. People will be looking at us from 50 years and seeing how messed up stuff like this is because we're blinded by our own willful ignorance. It's happened every century from here on out until we achieve full equality.

If no one understands the article, it's basically saying that Taylor's banking/promoting an aesthetic built on the colonist era of the early to mid 1900's. Basically glamorizing the aesthetic when it was actually a very damaging time to the people that lived there, and to the wildlife.

It may seem harmless, but to fully understand you need to know the history behind it. In a way it's not too different from Nicki's "Only" video, just not as extreme because Nazis =/= colonialists lmao....

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

Archived