Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Cheryl suggests body shaming should be illegal, 'this bull**** has to stop'

Jase

Featured Posts

1436368676_2nd-wenn.jpg

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini wants an end to body shaming, suggesting that it should be illegal to publicly criticise others over how they look.

The X Factor judge frequently has her weight discussed in the press and is worried about the negative impression it leaves on young girls.

She told ES Magazine: "I can take whatever they [the press] throw at me after 13 years, what worries me is what it's doing to the younger generation. And some of the people writing this stuff are women. There is no sisterhood. The body shaming has to stop. It's bull****. Something has to be done, changed, even if it's done in law. I am very happy and very healthy. Every woman has a different body type and handles stress and grief differently. I was a ballerina from a child, so I have really good muscle memory. When I work out, I can look like a tennis player. If I don't, I look different"

Read more: http://tinyurl.com/pb58gpn

GloZell Green

Even if it was illegal people would probably still do it, like weed, but it is something that is cruel and its total bull***t

Lady Gaga | Shakira

what worries me is what it's doing to the younger generation. And some of the people writing this stuff are women. There is no sisterhood. The body shaming has to stop. It's bull****. Something has to be done, changed, even if it's done in law.

Thing is, many critics of extreme celeb thinness see themselves as protecting young girls from unhealthy anorexic body images.

androiduser

another celebrity jumping on the bandwagon to get a few headlines.

I'm sure she didn't mind getting all the compliments for her good looks back in the day, and that was also body-shaming in a way, because it implied that her look was good, and that's the way women should look.

unchaudbaise

another celebrity jumping on the bandwagon to get a few headlines.

I'm sure she didn't mind getting all the compliments for her good looks back in the day, and that was also body-shaming in a way, because it implied that her look was good, and that's the way women should look.

Jumping on the bandwagon? She's commenting on the press she's gotten recently for looking "too skinny."

androiduser

Jumping on the bandwagon? She's commenting on the press she's gotten recently for looking "too skinny."

even worse.... only after she's felt attacked

TimisaMonster

But if everyone has different body types...making it illegal to talk about someone's weight will be impossible...

:awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived