šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Rihanna an example of why people hate on pop?

Quark

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I think so. She's certainly one of the reasons I dislike modern pop at times. She's the most manufactured pop female since Britney (who I actually like, but that's not the point). These days, it's weird for a popstar to not write their own material. A lot of them even play instruments now. So, Rihanna is an odd throwback to a much more manufactured time, a time that we thought went extinct about a decade ago. It makes her stick out like a sore thumb in the worst way, so I'm surprised she doesn't try to play a bigger role. One of the biggest criticisms I've heard about her from the GP is that she releases so many singles that you can't keep track of them, remember them or even know where her last album ends and her new one begins. That's definitely a manufactured pop trait.Ā 

There's nothing wrong With that if that's what You want to do. I always looked at her as an entertainer (that's very debatable), and not an artist whatsoever. My issue with her is this whole fake new sound she tried to do and her claiming "oh my work is so artistic!!! Paul McCartney, Kanye West!!! American Oxygen1!!11!"

And its like girl stop it. You don't have an atristic bone in your body. Nobody buying it. And she didn't even have the decency to stand by her lie. As soon as she flopped, she scrapped her album and hired 1000 writers to pen hits for her. That's not what an "artist" does. Despicable.

That's exactly the way I feel. Her attempts at pretending to be a real artist are hilarious. Using Paul MCartney on your song has to be the most uninspired trick to prove you're a real artist. Then she goes on for other tried and tested methods like stripping back the sound, going for ballads, having a political music video...I've actually been quite impressed with her latest efforts but they're all so predictable even so. There's different levels of experimentation and she is firmly in the safest, most commercial leaning camp. If she ever makes an American Life, Born This Way, Bionic or Miley Cyrus And Her Dead Petz, then maybe I'll say that she's experimenting. Unapologetic was actually her most experimental release with barely anything that could be a hit (props for that) but recent events have made it entirely clear that the only reason it was released was because it had two hits preceding it. If it had performed similar to 45S and BBHMM at the beginning, it likely wouldn't have seen the light of day.

Rihanna is actually the only one who can do whatever she wants and people don't crticise anything.

I mean, imagine if Gaga had done what Rihanna is doing with R8. Imagine Gaga releasing applause, peaking at #4, then releasing Venus and flopping, and DWUW, and then dissappear and cancel the album release to do it all again... the blackash would be EPIC. The FLOP FLOP FLOP would be all over the media.Ā 

Rihanna does it and nothing happens.

Rihanna smokes weed and nothing happens, Rihanna hits a fan with a mic and nothing happens... no one ever says anything about her behaivour and things she does... so...Ā 

That's what I've been saying for the last few years. Rihanna gets away with everything and it's so unfair. I like to think it's because even the public realise Rihanna is disposible, so there's no point getting invested.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived