FRANZGA

Featured Posts

monsterdreams

This still floors me, seriously watch it 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Prismatic

Not even Godtada,

Fixed.

I was so sad that Exodus flopped :emo: It was an amazing album. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

For Asians to succeed in Western entertainment industry they need to act clownish, Charice didn't fit the cultural trope that Americans are eager to swallow.

RAMROD

Fixed.

I was so sad that Exodus flopped :emo: It was an amazing album. 

IKR. I never get why people can't get beyond the fact she is Asian.

These people are missing out tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

From the response of the people here. Idk how many are from or atleast staying in US? She wasnt the biggest star ever, but she did step into the international music scene and started making a name. Her debut album landed on 8th spot in the billboard, and the first solo asian to do so. She was all over the world doing interview and performance and always wows the croud to their feet. She did performed in rockerfeller christmas tree lighting which was a pretty big event alongside with other big names such as mariah carey, josh groban, boys to men, etc. She did many events in the US, including in billboard live, radio guesting, oscar after party, good morning america, obama inauguration, Dr. Phil, ellen degeneres, 4 times on oprah, and so many more appearance. She also did glee, and a hollywood movie with kevin james and salma hayek in here comes the boom. She got a song from bruno mars and also nick jonas. She appeared in alvin and the chip munk and sang a soundtrack for the game final fantasy and animated film of The Swan Princess and many more that even i forgot the names.

She was not yet a household name but definitely on her way up there until her problem came along. But now that her problem is resolved, she can make a "comeback". Given she got a great song which can penetrate into the mainstream music again, something like Pyramid which landed on billboard no1 for dance hit. I think its possible to make a comeback. 

And she is not in the middle of transitioning for god sake. She will only change her appearance,but not her gender. 

Crossing fingers for her cuz her talent is on par with ariana grande and demi lovato. 

Supersonic

Well Charice is transitioning sooooooo idk if he* will ever get the fame he deserves

Are they actually transgender and transitioning? Found no statements from them about transitioning or preferred pronouns, just that vague "My soul is male" quote and them cutting their hair short (and tbh a lot of people who identify as butch lesbians say similar things yet still see themselves on the female side of the gender spectrum). Jumping to conclusions because of some statements wouldn't be fair to the person.

Also on topic: Asian people have it really hard breaking the American market unless they are abrasively Asian in the most self-exploiting and stereotypical sense. And even then, they're just treated like a novelty act and disappear from the American market after 2 singles. That they are a LGBTQ+ doesn't really help either for commercial appeal. I doubt we are ever gonna see a worldwide Asian pop sensation in the western hemisphere unless CL is actually going to be able to break into the US market this or next year.

PaperIz

Are they actually transgender and transitioning? Found no statements from them about transitioning or preferred pronouns, just that vague "My soul is male" quote and them cutting their hair short (and tbh a lot of people who identify as butch lesbians say similar things yet still see themselves on the female side of the gender spectrum). Jumping to conclusions because of some statements wouldn't be fair to the person.

Also on topic: Asian people have it really hard breaking the American market unless they are abrasively Asian in the most self-exploiting and stereotypical sense. And even then, they're just treated like a novelty act and disappear from the American market after 2 singles. That they are a LGBTQ+ doesn't really help either for commercial appeal. I doubt we are ever gonna see a worldwide Asian pop sensation in the western hemisphere unless CL is actually going to be able to break into the US market this or next year.

ooh sorry I really thought they were oopsie :sweat:

Archived