• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic

Everybody is longing for Gaga because even the casuals and haters started realizing that we NEED Gaga, especially in the light of the hot mess that was the VMAs last night. If everything is done right, we have one hell of an album and era infront of us.

GypsyPrince

Well, but this time the situation it's pretty different. Gaga's image in 2013 was horrible...EVERYONE wanted her to flop. Since Aug. 12, when Applause came out, till November, when we knew ARTPOP's first week numbers; 3/4 of the world was against her. Those months were a martyr for her + she had rough competition from Katy and Miley.

Now, she's getting praise everywhere she goes (Grammys, Oscars, AHS)! I don't know, the context it's different. She has nothing else to lose (in terms of pop music: her sales (both album and singles) dropped, her videos where not that good, she lost fans and many more things...). 

"Lost fans" but still gone on to win countless social media fan base awards, regardless of how relevant those awards may be. Her fan demographics may have changed, but she certainly didn't "lose fans". Most of her diehard fans may have hopped onto other bandwagons but you know they still secretly get wet to LG.

TimisaMonster

Just one word....RedOne

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

gagzus

There's a high possibility if the music is good and if fans actually BUY the album this time, look at BTW (the single) and how commercially successful it was based off fans alone (although yes it came off of TFM's overrated commercial hype).

i think this era will be like TF era; it'll start off ok and slow and pick up later on 

boyerased

can we stop being so defensive and admit that we lost a big share of her audience. They most probably be not on GGD but most of them were the ones who were like "yeah I like her she's kinda cool." And tbh they're a bigger market than us, who are checking out this site everyday and support her no matter what.

Bad Bromance

I certainly hope so.  Gaga is so talented so out of all the Pop girls, she deserves success and acclaim the most, tbh.  We'll have to wait and see what happens.  I'll always support Gaga no matter what happens.  I will always love her beautiful voice and will always buy her music.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

TEANUS

Neither do I! I became a fan in Feb. 2014. I mean, if it wasn't for ARTPOP i'll not be here. The music is great. And the album sales (2.3M), if you see the situation right now, are really good. I was talking about the GP.

The receipts are GGD's number of members (actives, of course) and G.U.Y. first 24hs views. The decay is there. G.U.Y. wasn't popular at all, the first 24hs views belonged, mainly, to fans. Applause had 10.8M views. G.U.Y. got 6M. And i'm sure now a days, that number could be smaller.

Also, Gaga has few woman/hetero fans because she's not cool anymore, like she used to be in TF/TFM. The number of haters has been growing, slowly but surely, since 2011. It's peak was ARTPOP's release. 

Actually G.U.Y. got almost 8 million (7.8 I think). But other than that I agree. ARTPOP's numbers are not bad

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

she lost fans

I don't know any fans that Gaga lost.  I personally know several people who have become fans this year and last.

I live outside the space time continuum.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Yea probably, her management seems to be doing a good job and there's a ton of industry support for her, people want her back on top. She already has more culutral cache this year than she's had since 2011, and I'm fully expecting her lead single to be one of those too-big-to-fail pop songs. Maybe not as amazing as Bad Romance, but similarly impossible to ignore.

Archived