💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz" Miley's attempt at ARTPOP?

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

Katsuki Bakugo

The songs sound like a demos

thats the idea... 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

Before you stone me, I really appreciate ARTPOP as a concept and I think that there were some truly genius material and it had some true strokes of genius.

That being said, "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz" was everything I personally was expecting to get out of ARTPOP based on how Gaga described it:

- The album is very experimental, raw, and in your face. 

- The album is hypnotic- it captivates and puts listeners in a trance.

- The album was released for free, a true "Music Not The Bling" statement.

- There is clearly a lot of abrasive art in the album. Even based off of the 3 minute video she first released, you could tell that she's embracing vulgarity as an art form.

Do you think Miley Cyrus' new album is the closest the GP has come to an album that meets all the criteria that ARTPOP was suspected to have? Please read the OP before you comment and don't just comment with one word answers. 

So sad about that :cryga: that's how ARTPOP should be

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Katsuki Bakugo

Before you stone me, I really appreciate ARTPOP as a concept and I think that there were some truly genius material and it had some true strokes of genius.

That being said, "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz" was everything I personally was expecting to get out of ARTPOP based on how Gaga described it:

- The album is very experimental, raw, and in your face. 

- The album is hypnotic- it captivates and puts listeners in a trance.

- The album was released for free, a true "Music Not The Bling" statement.

- There is clearly a lot of abrasive art in the album. Even based off of the 3 minute video she first released, you could tell that she's embracing vulgarity as an art form.

Do you think Miley Cyrus' new album is the closest the GP has come to an album that meets all the criteria that ARTPOP was suspected to have? Please read the OP before you comment and don't just comment with one word answers. 

Its more Bowie/Lana  than ARTPOP

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Not even close, ARTPOP had traditional art twisted with a modern touch (and vice versa), it had a direction, purpose and a background which shows she was so serious about, that she got the help (or expertise from well known artists who came from different artistic  spheres to direct her).

TheFame Monster

thats the idea... 

I thinks it's a terrible idea. 

Music can be experimental without sounding unfinished. 

sipthistea

Cool, but why bringing Gaga's work down?

I mean, I know you want to express your opinion, but it feels like you wanted Gaga's work to be different. Instead of appreciating what she does.

And some people start comparing when it's unnecessary. I like Gaga for who she is, and she has a message. Let her be

I like Miley's work, but its different. Gaga was the one who made ARTPOP.

Peace 

Thomas P

L-O-V-E both albums, and I guess in perspective, ya Miley's ARTPOP is MC&HDP!!!!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

SISTERV

I like the album for Miley. But most of why it sounds weird is the productions. The concepts aren't weird but just randomly floating around s-x and d--gs. I think Gaga digs deeper than this yet can still sound polished and pop. That's a hard skill Miley still needs a few more years to achieve.

Katsuki Bakugo

I thinks it's a terrible idea. 

Music can be experimental without sounding unfinished. 

Have you ever listened to Bowie though?

Anderson123

Oh God. Stop comparing Gaga to everything around. ARTPOP is/was something of its own, just like Miley's album, Beyoncé's and perhaps Adele's new album. You guys are traumatized. Go outside, go watch, read something else, pop divas and charts damage your mind. 

Katsuki Bakugo

I like the album for Miley. But most of why it sounds weird is the productions. The concepts aren't weird but just randomly floating around s-x and d--gs. I think Gaga digs deeper than this yet can still sound polished and pop. That's a hard skill Miley still needs a few more years to achieve.

Mike Will Made it...

Gianni Versace

Cool, but why bringing Gaga's work down?

I mean, I know you want to express your opinion, but it feels like you wanted Gaga's work to be different. Instead of appreciating what she does.

And some people start comparing when it's unnecessary. I like Gaga for who she is, and she has a message. Let her be

I like Miley's work, but its different. Gaga was the one who made ARTPOP.

Peace 

I didn't bring ARTPOP down at all. If you read the OP, you would know that I praised it in the first sentence of this very thread. :roll:

Gianni Versace

Oh God. Stop comparing Gaga to everything around. ARTPOP is/was something of its own, just like Miley's album, Beyoncé's and perhaps Adele's new album. You guys are traumatized. Go outside, go watch, read something else, pop divas and charts damage your mind. 

And where did I mention charts? That's right, nowhere. 

I'm comparing Gaga's album to Miley's because it's similar in concept. It's not like I'm comparing her to Meghan Trainor's newest release for gods sake. 

XoXoJoanneGaga

No, because ARTPOP was intended and produced to be a very commercially successful and safe album. Gaga's statements about the music industry and valuing artistry over money were seperate from the principles behind the album and most likely a response to the way ARTPOP and that whole period of her career was mismanaged and misguided.

That being said Miley's album is a much more interesting and bold release than Gaga's.

Archived