💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga sincere about her integrity? (Read or don't post pls)

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

What confuses and annoys me more is the preaching of "Music not the bling" yet she was begging her fans to stream Applause on a loop and all the other thirsty stuff she did during that time. 

One second she cares for music, next the bling. 

Yeah. Some fans apparently explain it as: "She only said that to appear victorious even if she was having a commercial decline." I don't think there are many fans left who take that Music not the bling thing seriously anymore :smh: Or they interpret it in their own way.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gypsy Life

That quote and those examples have nothing to do with each other.

Voice edits and performances cancelations have nothing to do with 'being herself'. They're just normal situations or problems within the industry.

Now if she released an album Katy Perry or Jason Derulo-style, that'd make her a hypocrite and a sellout. Otherwise no.

Didymus

That quote and those examples have nothing to do with each other.

Voice edits and performances cancelations have nothing to do with 'being herself'. They're just normal situations or problems within the industry.

Just because they're normal (in the POP industry) doesn't mean Gaga has to submit to them :shrug:

The dumbing down of a performance because MTV didn't support her artistic vision definitely has to do with being yourself as an artist imo. I'm not calling her a hypocrite and sellout because of that though btw :sweat:

NewUsername

Well, in this business and in life in general you have to compromise, it's normal.

I hope and think there's a great amount of integrity to her saying these things, but of course she makes it sound more beautiful and "is a walking hyperbole" like another user on here said.

At her fingertips, as a pop star of her caliber, is a near limitless supply of material objects that allow her full expression of her identity to come through. As a pop star, there will always be fashion designers flocking to make Gaga a new dress, stylists ready to craft her a new wig, producers wanting to work with her, and the millions of fans. By going underground, she would eventually run out of funding for her luxurious lifestyle at the rate she changes her clothes/appearance.

Didymus

At her fingertips, as a pop star of her caliber, is a near limitless supply of material objects that allow her full expression of her identity to come through. There will always be fashion designers flocking to make Gaga a new dress, stylists ready to craft her a new wig, producers wanting to work with her, and the millions of fans. By going underground, she would eventually run out of funding for her luxurious lifestyle at the rate she changes her clothes/appearance.

I always thought she chose pop music for this reason, contrary to what she said herself. Well, in some instances she seemed to say what I thought she was about as an artist: having an immense platform to spread her ideas from that she'd never have in another genre.

So yeah, I can definitely imagine that ARTPOP as a message is more a hope and a promise that art and pop can belong together but, in all irony, the impossibility of that at that point of her career made the entire era collapse. It almost seems calculated, it's crazy 'cause she is a much more ARTPOP state of mind after the era was ruined :sharon:

I always thought she chose pop music for this reason, contrary to what she said herself. Well, in some instances she seemed to say what I thought she was about as an artist: having an immense platform to spread her ideas from that she'd never have in another genre.

So yeah, I can definitely imagine that ARTPOP as a message is more a hope and a promise that art and pop can belong together but, in all irony, the impossibility of that at that point of her career made the entire era collapse. It almost seems calculated, it's crazy 'cause she is a much more ARTPOP state of mind after the era was ruined :sharon:

The concept of ARTPOP did not work for the album. That terminology better describes her music as a whole, genre-wise. Her music has always been a fusion of artistic imagery and sonically pop music. ARTPOP conceptually could have been an EP or a tour idea, but it just wasn't right for an album. When ARTPOP failed to meet Gaga-level expectations, it was neither viewed as quality marketable pop or anything truly groundbreaking artistically. It had all too many chances to fail.

The concept of ARTPOP did not work for the album. That terminology better describes her music as a whole, genre-wise. Her music has always been a fusion of artistic imagery and sonically pop music. ARTPOP conceptually could have been an EP or a tour idea, but it just wasn't right for an album. When ARTPOP failed to meet Gaga-level expectations, it was neither viewed as quality marketable pop or anything truly groundbreaking artistically. It had all too many chances to fail.

I agree. You're 100% right.

Jesse Pinkman

Gaga seems to be very emotional and wears her heart on her sleeve. She probably felt that way at the time, but remember when she said Tony reignited her flame again? She fired her entire team and hired a new staff, so she actually did something about the situation. And lastly, she has a contract to fulfil, so she can't just up and retire. Yeah she can buy herself out of it, but that would be very expensive.

All in All, Gaga was hurt by ARTPOP flopping, her management, and many other things. But she did do something about the situation and is now happier. She said multiple times that Tony saved her life. She was suicidal before she started recording C2C. 

It's science, bitch

Didymus

Gaga seems to be very emotional and wears her heart on her sleeve. She probably felt that way at the time, but remember when she said Tony reignited her flame again? She fired her entire team and hired a new staff, so she actually did something about the situation. And lastly, she has a contract to fulfil, so she can't just up and retire. Yeah she can buy herself out of it, but that would be very expensive.

All in All, Gaga was hurt by ARTPOP flopping, her management, and many other things. But she did do something about the situation and is now happier. She said multiple times that Tony saved her life. She was suicidal before she started recording C2C. 

Agreed. I also wonder how long her contract still stands, do you happen to know or anyone? :emma: I'd be curious to see what she's gonna do when she has the possibility of renewing it.

Jesse Pinkman

Agreed. I also wonder how long her contract still stands, do you happen to know or anyone? :emma: I'd be curious to see what she's gonna do when she has the possibility of renewing it.

Thats a good question! I have no idea. :emma: 

I'm hoping she didn't sign a 7 album deal like Kesha did.. :emma: 

It's science, bitch

ARTPOPNick

This. She contradicts herself all the time.

So that means

She isn't engaged?

Really?

still here?

:derpga: 

Tropico

I think she feels that Interscope does indeed try to run her career, but they never have entire control. So while they may change some things or reject some ideas, she'll go back to the drawing board and comes up with an idea which is still staying true to herself. It's compromise.

This is probably the case with many artists. :yes: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

DietCoke

Well, I mean, being yourself doesn't necessarily mean you can't compromise.

(Just to address some of the interesting points you brought up:)

The vocal editing was out of her control (she's said producers would "sneak" in and alter her voice).  MTV didn't allow a performance so she had to change it; I don't think this would make her that upset that she'd feel like she couldn't be herself. It was in MTVs control. Applause sales were probably not related of those claims; who doesn't want success? And her not choosing singles is her being herself: like you said, she doesn't like to do that, so she doesn't do that. 

Overall, I think her claims deal with the type of music she creates and the type of fashion she wears and the type of performances she puts on. I feel her "being myself" statement is applied to the general, basic components of her career. 

Archived