• People don't take her seriously
    • Other (explain)

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

mate her music is not global

90% of sales for drake and kendrick come from usa, same for nicki

she sold less than her previous albums but it didnt really FLOP

gaga.jpg.d2c8a8d936a74df98284d8f1de922fc

it sold more than albums that had multiple smashes like the new classic and my everything

anyways ****ty single choices didnt help, shame tho it has great bops 

Yes but rap music is supposed to sell A LOT in the US.. Drake for example became platinum without even promoting his album... The New Classic is one of the biggest flops of the last years.. It didn't BOMB.It's not a career destroying flop.But it's a flop.. I agree about the single choices

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as fake as somebody with a Born This Way video still as an avi spreading negativity anonymously on an online forum.

Thats not negativity it real real real :stalkga:thats how i feel

Spock

I think it flopped because the campaign was a mess.

Singles were released like one would throw **** at the wall to see what would stick, almost all of them were not successful, the album was delayed iirc, etc. I also think people were expecting an album full of Anaconda type songs but it was almost all rap.

But it's a shame because the album is good

who will love me when the night is over

Dominic

I just don't think people take her seriously, I for one don't either. 

Her lyrics are cringey now which is a huge contrast to her earlier works, her persona isn't the best, she has no direction in her work and features and releases so many singles. 

I just think people don't care, we've seen Nicki shaking her ass at any opportunity, we've seen her cringey lyrics and her vocals aren't great either.  I think people wanted something more and PP didn't deliver. It felt contrived. 

The BIGGEST problem: PINK.  She needs to stop with this Pink rubbish. She's dragged it on for about 5 years now. Her album titles and era(s) are always the same. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Whispering

Anaconda didn't receive good call out scores on radio, so her big viral video hit didn't translate to pop radio. Everyone wanted to see her big ass, but found the song to be annoying on the radio. Then, she had other singles that weren't suited for Pop radio of just weren't very good, tbh. 

The singles released were done in a haphazard fashion, with the videos being messy. There really wasn't defined eras for every single. At the same time, she collaborates with anyone and everyone, so her "sound" is sprinkled in several songs...so that ends up hurting her own singles. 

Basically, too many singles thrown at the wall and too many collabs going on at the same time her era is going on. That's what I saw happening, anyway. :) 

JusKeepBreathin

Because she has whitewashed rap music with this album. People are hard on Iggy, but Nicki has done more to whitewash rap than any other female rapper. Rap for the masses.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

AlexanderLevi2

Honestly, it didn't flop. 

more of my friends have listened to The Pinkprint than ARTPOP. :awkney:

Currently listening to Joanne

GloZell Green

Because she was experimental, like Rihanna and Gags. Oh the GP and their crazy preferences. It didn't flop that much, or :neyde:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

StrawberryBlond

Wrong singles, mainly. Pills and Potions was a shockingly bad choice that was utterly forgettable and didn't scream "lead single." Then Anaconda set a terrible precedent with its outrageous awfulness and wasn't pop enough for the public to support. Then no promotion was given to the later singles. Only, Bed of Lies and Truffle Butter were good but weren't given a real chance to make it (and they certainly didn't make a dent worldwide). Then to top it all off, the generic The Night Is Still Young was released to finish off, leaving it all on a bad note. i guess the aim was to win back pop fans but it failed as that sound is tired and it wasn't performed. We didn't see the best parts of the album and the only good choices weren't given the opportunities they deserved. 

Because she has whitewashed rap music with this album. People are hard on Iggy, but Nicki has done more to whitewash rap than any other female rapper. Rap for the masses.

I'm glad you're not the only one who agrees. I think it's pretty rich of her to be bashing white media on Twitter when she's been courting it since she debuted. Right from the beginning, she's tried to appear white, whether it's through her music (heavy pop influence and collabing with pop artists on features and remixes as well as hiring dance music producers) or looks (crazy outfits reminiscent of white artists like Gaga and rumoured skin bleaching). She even resorts to actually singing in her songs as opposed to rapping. Even though I think Grand Piano is a masterpiece...it's a song, not a rap. She wants to be considered the best rapper ever and yet she still makes songs that are in no way rap? She has yet to release an album that is full-on rap, so it's very difficult to take her seriously as a rapper. I think the hate Iggy gets is terrible considering she hasn't actually done anything bad for the genre or at least, has certainly done no worse than Nicki. One of her friends was saying on a radio interview that she's sick of hearing Iggy getting criticism for not being a proper rapper seeing as all she does is rap, she doesn't sing. She didn't say Nicki's name, but it was obvious that's who she was referring to with this statement. And it's so true - Nicki sings on tracks and she's considered proper rap, but even though Iggy just raps and never sings, she's not rap, she's pop. Eh? Ok, Iggy features white pop artists on songs and her music does have pop influences but it's still more rap than any album Nicki's ever released. People just don't want to admit that because Iggy's white and it's considered racism and sacrilege to say that a white person is doing rap better justice than a black person.

You guys going after Nicki for her singles/choices, yet she's done what she's done with every album she's released: released singles by pretty much throwing them out there and see which ones stick. If it's a hit, great, if not, Nic and her team just move on to the next one. 

Mister Gaga

People don't take her seriously. The Pinkprint is flawless, her best album so far :legend: #JusticeForAllThingsGo

Kanye West

Terrible, terrible album. i didn't hear the whole thing because everything was a mess. the singles, videos, etc. 

how can ANYONE said it's better than Roman Reloaded? that album gave us the huge bop Starships. at least her music was listenable back then.

KANYEWEST.COM

JusKeepBreathin

Wrong singles, mainly. Pills and Potions was a shockingly bad choice that was utterly forgettable and didn't scream "lead single." Then Anaconda set a terrible precedent with its outrageous awfulness and wasn't pop enough for the public to support. Then no promotion was given to the later singles. Only, Bed of Lies and Truffle Butter were good but weren't given a real chance to make it (and they certainly didn't make a dent worldwide). Then to top it all off, the generic The Night Is Still Young was released to finish off, leaving it all on a bad note. i guess the aim was to win back pop fans but it failed as that sound is tired and it wasn't performed. We didn't see the best parts of the album and the only good choices weren't given the opportunities they deserved. 

I'm glad you're not the only one who agrees. I think it's pretty rich of her to be bashing white media on Twitter when she's been courting it since she debuted. Right from the beginning, she's tried to appear white, whether it's through her music (heavy pop influence and collabing with pop artists on features and remixes as well as hiring dance music producers) or looks (crazy outfits reminiscent of white artists like Gaga and rumoured skin bleaching). She even resorts to actually singing in her songs as opposed to rapping. Even though I think Grand Piano is a masterpiece...it's a song, not a rap. She wants to be considered the best rapper ever and yet she still makes songs that are in no way rap? She has yet to release an album that is full-on rap, so it's very difficult to take her seriously as a rapper. I think the hate Iggy gets is terrible considering she hasn't actually done anything bad for the genre or at least, has certainly done no worse than Nicki. One of her friends was saying on a radio interview that she's sick of hearing Iggy getting criticism for not being a proper rapper seeing as all she does is rap, she doesn't sing. She didn't say Nicki's name, but it was obvious that's who she was referring to with this statement. And it's so true - Nicki sings on tracks and she's considered proper rap, but even though Iggy just raps and never sings, she's not rap, she's pop. Eh? Ok, Iggy features white pop artists on songs and her music does have pop influences but it's still more rap than any album Nicki's ever released. People just don't want to admit that because Iggy's white and it's considered racism and sacrilege to say that a white person is doing rap better justice than a black person.

Finally someone gets it. Whitewashing is not just about a white girl singing rap its about changing rap to fit popular culture.  PinkPrint is the epitome of whitewashing rap.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Staryu

People don't take her seriously, which is mostly her fault.

It's a shame though, because it's my favorite Nicki Minaj album.

Archived