💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Taylor Swift doesn't feel Iconic like Gaga

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

At this point in time the biggest popstar is Taylor Swift. Like Gaga at her peak, she is getting the kind of attention, acclaim, and success that very few artists receive. But Taylor Swift doesn't feel Iconic like Gaga. When Gaga was at her peak, you could feel that you were witnessing something fresh, powerful, innovative, and iconic. On the other hand, Taylor feels like all other artists with the exception that she is very successful. I mean, Taylor has good songwriting talent, but overall her music and image are very simple and mainstream. At this time she simply lacks the originality to be as iconic as someone like Gaga.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SissyFromSpace

thats  b/c  you're more of a Gaga stan

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Katsuki Bakugo

Because she isn't fresh or new anymore. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Brainiac

She 100% is not iconic. There's nothing iconic about her actually. She's just extremely popular at the moment. That's it. 

grenziel

Based on the Title, I thought Taylor said that herself. Imagine.:derpga:

She's pretty stale compare to the likes of Gaga, Madonna and other popstars however she's still unique in her own way .. :nick:

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

Bradley

She's somehow iconic in her own way, maybe not as huge as Gaga's version but she has some influence in this music biz today.

Jesse Pinkman

Because Taylor doesn't stir converstaion and debate. Everything she does is calculated and geared towards breaking records, PR image, and selling music.

I feel as though everything she does that will stir up some controversy is deflected and polished by her PR team.

And when she *tries* to be controversial like with her whole war on streaming, everyone moves on because its so transparent. And like I said, her over the top PR takes away from the natural discussion.

It's science, bitch

I feel this as well. She's been very successful since her inception, but she's never really made a huge mark of originality or steered the music industry in a certain direction. Her influence to me seems more like a Beyonce than a Gaga, Madonna, Michael Jackson etc. I think it's mostly because she creates inside the bubble of what has come before, to ensure maximum appeal/sales, rather than pushing for something more original and unique. 

We're all Stronger Together!

djBuffoon

First of all, I think Taylor is an excellent songwriter. She's not a good singer, she has yet to impress me as a stage performer, but her bread + butter is her skill with melodies, and she is great at it.

Having said that, I think Taylor solely as a public figure, her standing as someone of notoriety, will have more staying power than any of her songs or videos. To my recollection, she has yet to have a moment that feels truly original or seismic.

:rip:  

not everyone is going to be gaga/madonna

not every pop star has to wear a meat dress and come out of an egg or make a s-x book

stop being insecure about gaga 

I agree, it doesnt feel like Gaga at her peak, but she is an icon. Gaga is like Michael Jackson, pink floyd, madonna, cindy lauper and Taylor is like Britney at her peak and christina Aguilera, and idk who else ive been drinking tbh:proud:

Archived