• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

You forgot to put TM after 1989.

Taylor coming to sue your ass. 

In my messy era.

Bad Monster Kid

Ok I get it, but if we're comparing them based on the fact that they are pop albums, then why not compare Carly to someone on her league or someone who has released an actual 80's inspired album?

am i right ladies?

If you want to compare her to someone "in her own league" by all means go start a new thread. This is a thread I started cause I wanted to see which album members here preferred. Thank you and good day. 

retroglamx

Every person has different taste. Sorry to spoil you. :later:

girl-bye.gif

JK. :derpga:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Spock

commercial success ≠ quality album 

23vdr7m.jpg

Oh look, it's this old excuse again! We'll see when Grammy season comes around I guess

4VVSZI1.gif

who will love me when the night is over

retroglamx

If you want to compare her to someone "in her own league" by all means go start a new thread. This is a thread I started cause I wanted to see which album members here preferred. Thank you and good day. 

:gayhat:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Tumblr

Oh look, it's this old excuse again! We'll see when Grammy season comes around I guess

4VVSZI1.gif

Or you could look at metacritic

wpp2l.gif

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

StrawberryBlond

Honestly, I thought Kiss was better, but not by much. Emotion is the album 1989 was trying to be, that it wishes it was. It actually sounds 80's inspired, for one. Carly's vocals sound so much like Taylor's that it's easy to pretend you are listening to Taylor. So, you can see what I mean when I say that 1989 could have been so much more. Emotion is much more cohesive. Taylor still falls back into her old style with songs like All You Had To Do Was Stay, I Wish You Would, This Love, I Know Places, Clean and You Are In Love. I feel like she's doing this just to prove to her original fans that she hasn't completely sold out (but of course, none of those songs have become singles). This Love and I Know Places in particular stick out like sore thumbs and have no place on such a record. These songs just disrupt the album's fun, happy feel and take you out of the pop experience she had crafted. Carly stays in character throughout the entire album and doesn't suddenly go into acoustic guitar territory on an album on which that kind of thing doesn't fit.

It's great to see the critics praise it to the same and better degree as 1989. It's just a pity it doesn't stand a chance of being as successful despite being the superior body of work. Labels need to promote their artists better especially when they provide potential hit songs. What's the point in letting your artists craft a commercially friendly product if you won't advertise it to help it sell like it's designed to do? It's like buying a Ferrari and keeping it in the garage. It's an enigma that baffles me greatly.

Listened to emotion fully, a lot better then 1989. The music and vocals fit a lot better than how Taylors sound. 

Sorry :shrug:

Don't visit my profile

Giorno Giovanna

E.mo.tion is at least really nice and good to listen to

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Archived